[17] The Truth

"Whoa this is no house, it's a manor!" I exclaim as I zoom into the place. As everyone walked past the field of trees into the clearing and on the driveway they all see what I'm talking about.

"Holy crap!" Sam says as he jogs ahead. "Whoa whoa whoa wait Sam." Colby says and I point the camera at Colby. "Yo we need to be careful, it looks like the front door is slightly open." Colby points it out and I point and zoom in on the camera.

"Well how else are we supposed get in?" Jake says and we all let out a chuckle. Jake then jogs up the steps of the abandoned manor and I follow him with the camera.

Jake and I are the first ones inside, it looked like a 1950's manor that hadn't been touched in years. Other than the ocational hole in the floor or wall. There was trash around every now and then.

"Whoa this place is amazing!" I whisper as the rest of out pack files in. "I say we should go to the upstairs first." Sam says and we all agree.

We all head upstairs as quietly as possible, but with six people it wasn't that easy. "Dude this is creepy." I hear Sam say and once I get to the top I see one long hallway, there was one window at the end that was half borded up, only letting in a small amount of light.

We crept down the hall and we checked in the rooms, some had old, broken furniture in it while other rooms were empty and dusty.

Nearly every board I stepped on in this house seemed to creak. "Yooo look in here." I hear Colby say and I walk into the room with the camera, Sam walks in and there was an old fashioned suitcase in the closet.

"I dare you to open it." Sam says to Colby. Colby then kneels down and opens it. I point the camera so it could show what was in it.

There were old pictures, they were only in black and white and framed. "Whaaat thats crazy." Sam says as Colby looks through the pictures.

"You'd think someone would have broken these by now." I say as I point the camera at every single one. "Or take them to pawn off or something." Colby adds on.

"So these might have been the people that lived here then?" Jake asks and we all let out an amazed "Yeah.."

Then it sounded like there was a knock from downstairs. Colby looks at Sam, then suddenly Shea grabs Colby's arm and hugs it for some sort of protection.

I decide not to point the camera that way. In reality my blood was boiling with anger. I turn to Colby and I mouth "What was that?" Colby then shrugs and whispers, "It could have just been an animal."

We all decide to go with that theory and we all head downstairs since the rest of the rooms didn't really contain anything important.

When we get downstairs I hear Sam say "Dude dude dude!" In a whisper/yell tone.

"What?" Colby asks and Sam points to the front door. "We left that open a little didn't we?" Sam asks Colby and Colby's eyebrows lift a little. "Yeah we did.. It's completely shut now."

"I'm scaaaared." Shea says whinely and grips onto Colby again. I clench my fist into a ball to conceal my anger.

Colby seemed kind of uncomfortable around Shea but he tended to ignore her. I saw Kat gripping onto Sam's hand and I smilied to myself a bit and thought to myself 'Cute couple.'

"Lets look around a little more and then dip." Jake says and we all nod in agreement.

We then as a group walk into what could have been the dining room. When we look around I stand by Colby and hold his hand. He brushes the top of my hand with his thumb as we look around.