[20] Everyone Makes Mistakes But Your's Was The Worst

I sat on Brennen's couch silently. "Y/N can I get you anything? What's going on?" He asked as he looked at me concerned.

I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes shut. I choked out a sob and I heard Brennen say "Y/N I can call Colby if you want-" I immediately cut him off.

"No! No please don't." I beg and I see Brennen furrow his eyebrows beneath my watery vision.

"Y/N what is going on?" Brennen said setting down his phone. I gulped and inhailed sharply. "C-Colby and I broke up because of Shea. He wouldn't hear me out about some things Shea said about me and when he found out after editing I had decided to break up with him. Th-Then I saw him and Shea on the couch.. Like making out." I said as I sobbed and I then felt some arms wrap around me.

My first instinct was to just melt into his arms and that's exactly what I did. "Brennen I'm so sorry I didn't know who else to go to, everyone was gone and-" I was cut off from my rambling by Brennen placing his hands on my cheeks and he wiped away my tears.

"Y/N it's alright. I'm here for you just as friends would do." He smiled and I smiled back as I felt a single tear escape from my eye.

"Brennen thank you so much. I don't know what I'd be doing right now if I didn't have you." I said and he smiled sadly.

"You've had a long night. I can show you to the extra bedroom I have." Brennen says as he takes his hands off of my face. I nod and stand up, I follow Brennen to the spare bedroom.

[The next day]

When I woke up I hadn't realized I was sleeping in a bed that wasn't my own. Then when the previous events from the day before crept back to my mind I shot up.

I looked around and shuffled out of bed. I wanted to be gone before Brennen woke up. As bad as it sounds its better if I'm not a morning burden as well as I wanted to avoid awkward conversation.

Unfortunately, luck wasn't on my side this morning as Brennen was sitting on his couch, scrolling through his phone.

"Oh hey Y/N, you doing any better?" He asked as he stood up. I sighed and shrugged. "I really don't want to go home but I have a lot of managing stuff I gotta do." Brennen just nodded understandably.

"Well if you need anything just call me alright?" He smiled and I nodded. On my way out I thanked him over and over.

Dread filled my gut as I pulled into the mansion's driveway. Colby's car was still in the driveway but from what I assume was Shea's last night was gone.

I parked my car and got out. When I walked in the first person I saw was Sam. "Y/N! Hey where did you run off to last night are you okay?" Sam asked as he rushed over to me.

I shook my head, "I really don't want to talk about it Sam. But I stayed over at Brennen's." I said truthfully and Sam gave me a confused look.

I heard footsteps begin to decend down the stairs and I smiled apologetically at Sam. "Look Sam I'm sorry but I have some work to do." I say as I pat is shoulder and walk around him.

I head straight for my room and once I get there I lock my door. After I do I lean against my door for support as sudden weakness came over me. A lump formed in my throat and I squeezed my eyes shut.

'Don't cry, don't cry.' I told myself as I slid down the door, my back pressed against it. I couldn't help but cry.

'I'm never going to be with him again, am I?'

[3 hours later]

"What?! That's messed up." Sam said and I hushed him. "Sam please be quiet. I only told you all of this since you wouldn't stop bugging me about it." I said in a low voice.

"So did like... You and Brennen do anything or.." Sam said, I knew exactly what he was hinting at.

"No Sam! I don't stoop to those low and skanky depths such as rebounding!" I say folding my arms and Sam held his hands up in defense.

"Alright alright fair enough." He said, Sam then sighed. "That's why he's been acting like that." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Like what Sam?" I tilted my head to the side a bit in curiosity.

"Just.. Depressed, upset, grumpy even." Sam says sadly. I scoff, "And then he pulls that stunt from last night." I shake my head as a lump forms in my throat from the thought of it.

"Y/N there's got to be an explanation, I don't believe he would to it on purpose." Sam says in a hopeful way.

"I want to believe that as much as you Sam, but what explanation would help his case? This break up was about Shea said to me and with what happened last night its not going to be easy for him to just say it was some sort of accident." I sigh and unfold my arms, letting them drop to my sides.

"I'll talk to him okay? I'm his best friend and he'll trust me. Plus he did share your guy's relationship with Kat and I first." Sam says shrugging and I nod defeatedly.

"Okay.. I'm just going to go work on your guy's tour then." I smile sadly and I walk away. I hear Sam jog away and upstairs.

I exit the back door of the house to get to the backyard, the sun was at a setting point and the nice cool air was setting in for the night.

Snap

I whipped my head around to the bush where the sound of a broken twig occured. I squinted but it was a tad too dark to see what is or was on the bush.

I turn back to head to my room and I see a tall man in a black ski mask with hole cut out for the eyes. Suddenly a cloth was over my mouth and nose.

I struggled for such a short time, although everything began to go hazy and dark.

Next thing I knew I was unconsious.

_____________________

Hopefully you enjoyed [especially with the lil cliff hanger I added in there ;) ] if you did enjoy please lemme know by voting, adding a comment, or both!

Don't get me wrong, Shea is very kind hearted. I don't hate her in anyway whatsoever.

Sincerely- Brin