[26] Giving Into Temptation

When I woke up I felt slow rising and falling. When I opened my eyes I kept them narrow so they'd adjust to the bright light.

When they adjusted I opened them more. I felt a soft hand on my bare back and the top half of my body lied on Colby's muscular chest.

'Oh god I'm stupid.' I thought to myself as I recalled last night's events. I carefully got up and off of Colby. Surprisingly he didn't wake up. I got dressed and fixed my hair.

I left my room silently, letting Colby sleep in and I walked to the house. I walked in through the back and I walked in to the scent of breakfast being made.

Jake stood at the stove top. "I didn't know you could cook." I comment scaring Jake a little but he chuckles. "Only breakfast." He smiles and I nod.

I walk closer and I sigh. "Jake about last night..." I trail off and he raises an eyebrow at me. "I think it was kind of-" he cuts me off and says, "Rushed, yeah I felt the same way." I sigh in relief. "Good god I'm so glad." I laugh nervously as I sit up on the countertop and I watch Jake make breakfast.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that I just kind of got caught up in the moment." Jake says as he takes the pans of scrambled eggs and bacon off of the hot burners.

"Yeah I agree." I say as I look away and then Jake clears his throat. "Is that Colby's shirt?" I quickly look down at the shirt I'm wearing and realize it is.

"Uhhh..." Is all I let out and Jake laughs. "So you two made up then? What's his story for Nessa?" I sigh and shrug, "She kissed him." I say looking at Jake.

He chuckles too himself "Well Colby is an irresitable man." I burst out laughing and as if on cue Colby walks in.

"Mornin' guys." He says as he yawns. Colby walks over and walks leans in between my legs as I sit on the counter. "You guys have some if you want. I'm gonna be up in my room." Jake says and we nod as he leaves.

"Y/N about yesterday and Nessa, I'm serious about her kissing me." He says and I sigh and nod.

"I'm gonna be honest I'm still not happy about that." I admit and Colby places his hands on my thighs as he looks at me. "I know and I'm so sorry, listen, to make it up can I take you out to dinner tonight?" He asks and I smile. I pretend to think about it for a moment.

"Hmm, sure I guess." I shrug and giggle. Colby chuckles and pecks me on the lips. "Dress fancy cause I'm going to reserve something nice for my beautiful girl." He says and I blush.

"Aw Colby you don't have to." I smile and he grins. "Well, I want to. Anything for you." He says pecking me on the lips again. I giggle and Colby and I eat breakfast together.

[7 hours later]

"Oh god what am I gonna wear?" I groan and Kat laughs, "Something fancy obviously!" She grins and I smile and roll my eyes.

I go to my closet and she follows. "Oh what about this!" Kat says pulling out a short black dress from my closet.

"Eh would that even look good on me?" I ask and Kat nods vigorusly. "Yes! Try it on girl." She smiles and I sigh. I take it from her and I go to my bathroom and try it on. When I come out Kat squeals and I jump. "You look smokin'." She says and I laugh. "Alright now change and we're gonna do your hair and makeup." She grins and I huff.

I change and come back, Kat get's out her makeup and she does a bit of light, fancy makeup. Then we go to my bathroom and she helps me curl my hair. Then I go back to my closet and get the dress. I carefully get in my dress and walk out.

"Oh my god! I need to get a picture of you." She exclaims and she gets her phone I smile as she grabs her phone and snaps a picture of me.

"I feel like a mom watching her daughter go off to prom." Kat says waving her hand in front of her face as if she were trying to stop herself from crying.

I laugh and roll my eyes "Kat it's just a dinner date!" I giggle and she laughs "I know I know! Now cm'on, Colby is gonna take you." She says as she grabs my arm and drags me back to the house.

I walk to the front door to see Colby standing there. He turns around and his eyes go wide. "Damn.." he whispers as he eyes me up and down.

"You don't look too bad yourself Mr. Brock." I giggle and he smiles. "Thank you Kat." I say and she nods and gives me two thumbs up. Colby holds his arm out "M'lady." He says and I giggle and link my arm with his.

We walk to his car and get in I see my butterfly necklace hanging from the arm of his car's rear-view mirror.

"Oh my god I thought I had lost this!" I exclaim and Colby looks at it. "Oh yeah, it was uh. Well I found it when I went to your room the day you were taken... Honestly I think it gave me good luck." He smiles and I look over at him with a sad smile.

"I think it looks good right there." I smile and he chuckles. "Me too." He admits as he drives to the restraunt.

When we get there Colby helps me out of his car and I giggle. "Such a gentleman." I comment as we link arms. "Anything for M'lady." He says and we both chuckle.

Once we get in the resturant Colby says, "Reservation for Brock." The waiter nods and motions us to follow him. "This place is so nice." I whisper and Colby nods "For sure." He says and we sit down.

"Thank you so much for taking me out to dinner Colby." I smile and he grins "I thought it'd be nice to get away from the craziness for a bit and let it just be me and you for tonight." He admits and I nod.

"Well I love it, it didn't need to be so extravagant." Colby shrugged "Well a beautiful lady like you definitely deserves it." He grins and I blush.

We talk and eat, we laugh quietly every now and then as we eat our food. Once we finish Colby pays and we leave.

"Y/N one more thing before we leave." Colby says as we stop walking. We stopped under the front of the restruant. Fairy lights were streamed above us and the moon shone perfectly on Colby's icy blue eyes. I grin and tilt my head a little.

Colby pulls out a small box from his pocket and opens it in front of me. A silver ring with tiny embedded diamonds sat perfectly on the inside.

"Now this isn't a proposal, but it's a promise ring. I can't say if we were to get married but I can promise you that I will stay loyal to you Y/N, until we are ready to maybe one day seal the deal. I can promise I will be by your side whenever and where ever, I promise to be your knight in shining armor and keep you safe." Colby says and at this point tears were falling from my eyes.

"C-Colby.." I say as I hold out my hand, it was shaking but I was so overwhelmed by joy I couldn't care less. Colby slipped it on my finger and I looked up at him.

Colby smiled wider than I had ever seen before. He hugged me ans I hugged back. "Y/N this past little bit has been our worst obstical yet and I am so sorry. I know I couldn't live without you even if I tried." He says keeping an arm on my waist as we pull apart. He puts a finger under my chin and guides my vision to his glistening blue eyes.

"Y/N L/N I love you so much and I want to be apart of your daily life. I want to be there for you. I love you so much." He says and I crash my lips onto his.

I pull away and look him in the eyes,

"Colby Brock, I love you too."

The End