Chapter 1 Free

The warm sunlight warms my skin."it's been so long since I've felt the sunlight"I look over to Mina who happened to be enjoying the sunlight herself.We had been locked away for so long,those bandits were kind enough to let us out.Unfortunately we were very hungry so we ended up feeding on them but they were just bandits.I'm sure it was nothing major that they died."the sun does feel nice doesn't it.We need to keep moving before someone finds us"A tint of worry in her tone."no need Mina those petty hunters couldn't find us even if their life depended on it........oh wait I guess it does.Well there's no need to worry.They didn't get us and more specifically the elder scroll"I show her the scroll on my back to reassure her it was safe and sound.She gives a heavy sigh"fine but we get caught you will have to listen to my orders from then on no objections,deal?"She holds out her hand,I hesitate at first then I shake her hand."deal.."I say trailing off wondering what I got myself into.
As much as I enjoy the sunlight it weakens me,I can't heal in sunlight and I can't do much at all.I'm like a rag doll in the sunlight but when it's night time you better hope you don't cross paths with me while I'm hungry.Me and Mina were locked away by our parents,they never told us why but whatever it was we knew they were protecting us from something.Or someone perhaps........."hey Mina why do you think they locked us up?"She looks at the sky avoiding my gaze"those people we saw gathered around the entrance........they are vampire hunters"She lowered her gaze to face me,her expression still showing no emotion."oh....no wonder they were there,I bet they were looking for us in there.Do you think we were locked up so they couldn't get us?"She hesitates before
answering"I don't know"
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
The sun starts to set over the snow toped mountains.The cool breeze chills my bones,I feel a familiar hand on my shoulder,I look up and stare into those red brown eyes of hers."it's time to go"I looks up at the sky,it's getting darker now.Which means we can travel without the worry of getting attacked."okay I'll he right behind you"I follow her through the bushes and onto the rock paved road."wait where are we going?"I ask her,she ignores my question and keeps walking.The night sky looked so bright at night time,I guess it's a good thing they can't see as well as we can at night."we are going to Riften then we will gradually find our way back home"The problem with her answer was that we had been in there for so long we weren't even sure where home was anymore.I'm glad to be out of there but some part of me regrets leaving,if we were in there for our own protection then why are we leaving the sacred place that's kept us safe for Ariel knows how long."are you sure you even know where it is?"I ask all the questions flooding my mind."I don't know but I'm sure we will find it someday"She keeps her pace up but by the look in her face she too was doubting the decision to leave.We don't even know if our parents were the ones who locked us up.The trip seemed to last forever,too much time to think.Too much silence to make my mind wonder.I just hoped we would be there soon,I tried to distract myself with all the bright shades of white and gray.At night for us it all was painted in shades of white,black and gray.Certain trees looked a certain shade of gray,and the sky was a dark gray.The leaves of various trees were many colors of white and gray.The foxes and rabbits that run around at night were gray and black,the ground was a light gray color.It was all so beautiful and exotic.Our eyes at night turn into a bright orange,the color gives us the night vision,but during the day they return to their natural arctic blue color.So we can see like the mortals do,if we had this vision all the time daytime would be all one color and it would be difficult to escape attacks,even walking in a straight line would prove to be quite the challenge.