Chapter 28

I get off my horse and walk to the gate,Ben behind me.The heavy wooden doors creak as I push it open.People stare as we walk through,I look back at Ben.A leather glove on his hands.I look up,most of the buildings are shops and also homes for some.
////////////////Ben's P.O.V./////////////////
I walk behind Katō hoping the people pay no attention to me,his cloak acting like a shadow.The people notice my clothes and they wonder why my forehead is bleeding and why I look so torn and beat up.And the truth is I was torn and beat up.The blood from my head was when I hit the floor.
I sigh and look down.....I've lost who I want to be.The great warrior who fought for our freedom,and our mortality but that persons gone....I'm one of the very things I wanted to destroy.None of this makes any sense,what have I done to deserve this?Stripped of my ability to fight and now I'm one of the damned?By the nine what have I done to deserve such a devastating fate.In the end I'll be just another vampire no matter what good I've done.Maybe that's how the world works....destroy what we don't understand instead of trying to."can't we just get a carriage to Riften"He stops"we can if you want but I don't think It'd be a good idea someone could track us that way.But we can I just need something to eat I'm hungry"He turns back around,I look around and I see all sorts of shops and occasionally kids run by chasing eachother.I remember when I was like them....in Helgen chasing my friends about.But then I had to stand aside and watch the execution.There was this woman,golden blonde hair and crystal white eyes.And that day a dragon attacked as soon as the executioner raised his axe to cut off her head.Its black wings and red eyes.I had always believed they existed but for them to be up this close was amazing.And terrifying,all the ways they died.That's when I learned I couldn't just sit back and expect nothing to happen to me.I hope Isran won't use that spell on me once we get there that'd burn like hell.But I suppose I deserve it.
I look down at the ground and I'm walking on steps,before I can stop I run straight into the doors of the inn."oww....."I rub my nose"that hurt"
////////////////////Katō's P.O.V.////////////
I chuckle at the thump on the door."watch where your going"I look over my shoulder and there comes Ben stumbling in rubbing his nose.I walk over to the bar and sit on a hard wooden stool,a woman clears her throat and impatiently taps her nails against the bar counter."um....I'd like alto wine please and some bread"She smiles"that will be 15 gold".I count out 15 gold septims and put them into her greedy hand.As soon as the cold metal touches her skin she clasps her hand as of to keep me from stealing her coins.The sweet smell of fresh bread makes my mouth water and as soon as she places it on the counter I snatch it like a hungry orphan."I'd like a loaf"Ben sits beside me with a grim and disgusted look on his face.The lady takes one off a shelf and he grumbles."5 gold and 10 if you want a fresh one"He looks down and reaches into a pocket and puts 10 shining septims on the counter.She looks at the flat finger on his glove but she just shrugs and goes to the oven.He hangs his head and waits.
////////////////Ben's P.O.V./////////////////
The smell of bread makes my stomach lurch and I feel like I'm about to puke.But I know I must stomach it down...I hate having to worry and every now and then I forget to move my shoulders up and down and I just look like I'm spazzing because my muscles react so quickly to commands that I can't keep up.I sigh once she places a wooden plate on the counter in front of me and the loaf of bread I would once kill just to get a bite of now seems like the worst thing I could possibly eat.I pick it up and take a bite,the warm heat burns my tongue and I feel my stomach lurch.I groan and force myself to swallow the horrid piece of bread.I put it down and cover my mouth to keep myself from throwing up.I can feel all their eyes burning the back of my head.