Chapter 17

I look away and clinch my eyes shut.I feel a strong grip on my wrists.I open my eyes and I see her leaned over me........bright orange eyes.Shes one of them.....so they do exist."I didn't want to have to do this but your a danger,you have the scroll and we can't have you running to the Dawnguard with it"White fangs like a snakes fold out from the roof of her mouth.I frantically look for a way out and I see on a table my steel sword.If I can just reach it.She holds me down by my shoulders,the pressure almost cracking the bones.I heard the bed creaking and she pushes down on my shoulders,I reach up and squeeze her throat with my hands,but the lack of certain fingers keeps me from wining.So....why not use them to my advantage.I jab the bloody stubs into her neck,uses all of my strength to push it deeper,the excruciating pain coursing through my entire body.Blood running down my hands.She lets go and falls onto the floor holding her punctured neck.I lay there for a few moments letting the pain soften a bit,I throw myself onto the floor,my body aching and refusing to obey my commands.I crawl to the table and use it to heave myself back to my feet.First things first,grab my sword and run like hell.I reach over the table and grasps the handle so hard my knuckles turn white.I look down at her,her neck is starting to heal,I use the distraction to get myself as far away from her as possible.I run out of the room and I push through any people blocking me from the door.I burst through and into the cold.I need to get to Dawnguard.I look up and see a carriage.But the problem is.....where is Dawnguard?I walk up to the man,he is bald of white complexion."sir...I need a ride to Riften"He looks at me"of corse are you a soldier?"
"Yes I am..."
Sorrow in his eyes"get on boy I'll get ya there.Its free for our soldiers."
I nod,it wasn't exactly very comfortable seating but it was better than walking.Dawnguard here I come...
//////////////Katō's P.O.V.//////////////////
            The snow crunches under my boots,ahead is a gray silhouette of a tower.I grin and once the snow lightens and my vision clears I see it's a tower."Um....what is this place?"A high elf dressed in elven armor and an elven bow speaks up"this is Northwatch tower sir"
I grin and chuckle under my breathe"thank you very kindly sir........I won't kill you just yet"He looks at me puzzled at what I said"what was that?"I look up at him,his posture perfect reflecting that he believes he's above everyone else."Nothing"He turns his back on me and walks back into the courtyard.I look around and just like the orc said...there was indeed a dock.I walk towards it...I will finally be reunited with my family.The dock creaks as I step onto its ancient surface.A boat with oars inside,the castle on the horizon.I sit down in the boat and begin to row.Back,forth,back,forth at a steady consistent beat.
////////////////////////////////////////////////
         I put the oars back in the boat neatly and I tie the boat to the dock.A big bridge leading to the castle.Its huge shell casting an everlasting shadow.The dark surface the feeling of a dark presence lurking within its walls.I walk up my using my vampiric vision to better see all the details.Gargoyles on pedestals on the sides of the bridge.I come up to the entrance blocked by a wooden gate.A man calls out,he wears leather armor,braces,boots,gloves,and helmet and an iron sword at his sheath."who goes there?"I clear my throat"Katō Kerava"I answer in a friendly tone."Is that really you?"I nod,who is this guy?"I'll open it right away sir"He steps back and the gate goes up.Two tall wooden doors stand between me and my home.I take a deep breathe and open the doors haughty.I look around  and I see a high elf with bright orange eyes.He looks at me with shock and familiarity."Everyone Katō is back!"Everyone cheers and clinks glasses full of rich crimson blood.I walk to down the steps and walk down the center to a man with black hair pulled back in a pony tail.Bright orange eyes shining.His voice sounds so familiar.......like the one in my dreams."Katō?Is that you?Wheres Mina?"I hold back tears and choke out"she's dead...."the room goes quiet,shocked expressions on every face."that's a shame and who killed her?"
"Executioners at solitude.......we ran into trouble when we went to Windhelm,we were both transferred to solitude for execution.But I escaped by killing all the people at the event"He paces back and forth"you did good Katō you embraced your superiority."