Chapter 8

A cold chill runs down my spine,I run my hands over the rough gravel.The cold burning my finger tips but I can barely feel anything.I put pressure on my hand and take it across the hard surface to see if I can feel it.A arm substance is on the ground....I inhale the fragrance to find that it's blood.......my blood.What happened?Where am I?I slowly open my eyes and see a dim light shining in the distance.Oh no the scroll!Where is it?!"hello?!"I get up carefully,I feel my feet give way beneath me and I cling onto the sleek bars.The dew making me loose my grip onto the cold smooth metal.

"Mina?Where are you.........."My hands slide down the bars and I end up on the floor again.The smell of blood so strong in my lungs.The overwhelming smell gives me a sick thought.Im so thirsty and it must be close by...maybe just a little bit.Just a little taste.I look through the bars that keep me from my freedom.Am I in jail?I see a dark figure,a silhouette of a man.His rough figure camouflaged in the darkness."Get him,but be careful he's one of those things"The one thing that crossed my mind was that I was going to die,right here,right now.And Mina what will happen to her?We can't die,not here,not now,not by them.........not.....by....."THEM!"As soon as I feel a hard hand on my arm I pull him down with my remaining strength and bite down.The warm and heavenly taste of blood urging me for more and more.The warm substances dripping off my chin as I drain every drop I can capture.The darkness brightens as my eyes change their color to bright orange,I feel the body go limp and I drop the weight to the ground.The blood staining my teeth.I see the other man with a sword pointed in an attempt to frighten me into submission.But I have to find Mina and the scroll.I duck as he swings at my head and the metal buzzes through the air and the screeching clang ringing through my ears as the sword misses me and hits the metal door to my cell.I grab him by his shoulders and before I bite down my vision disappears and the feelings in my body leave.I hit the ground and then I loose consciousness.

////////////////////Mina's POV//////////////

I open my eyes slowly to see that I am in a cell.A piece of bread on a wooden plate near my hand.I hit it and it goes flying into the wall.I won't take anything from them.They will pay dearly for this.If Katō would've listened to me and not talked or provoked anyone we wouldn't be in this mess.Or perhaps I shouldn't have left him alone.If he dies I don't what I'd do.But the question isn't what might happen but what WILL happen.My guess is that we are being held in the dungeon until they figure out what to do with us.I hear footsteps,I look around and see a guard.He doesn't seem to notice me,maybe I can try to get the keys.As he lurks by I slip my hand into his pocket but as soon as I grasp the keys a strong hand comes down and grabs my arm and yanks it out.The outer key ring griped by my fingers,before he reaches his sword I grab his armor and pull it to the bars using the rest of my strength.A loud crack is heard as his head hits the bars then his body hits the ground.Now to replenish my thirst.I quietly pull his arm through the bars and bit down drinking every last drop of the crimson beverage.I feel the strength come back and soon after the urge to drink more and more.Soon there is nothing left,I look at his pail face and decide its time to leave.By the time they find this body they will know it was me.I unlock the cage and sneak down the halls.Hiding whenever I hear footsteps or the clink of armor.