Chapter 11

I quickly pull the arrow out of my shoulder,pain shooting up my arm.Ive gone too far to stop now,it's only one arrow.....another pierces my leg the blood warming my cold skin.The crimson drops painting the snow covered ground.It didn't take long till there was only one left and he was easily taken care of.One spell after another and more lives are taken.I look up at the College of Winterhold,full of mages and scholars.One of them was bound to know where my home is.The memories are starting to slowly come back.I remember I was sitting outside on a dock.The cool breeze blowing through my hair,I look beyond the water and see a fort on the other side.I sit there wondering what it must be like over there.I hear a voice call out to me"Katō come in its almost daytime"Back then every one of my kind went it after dark was nearly over.That was before we took any chances.Once we found out we could go out into the sun I was allowed to go to shore for the first time.But of corse I had to learn how to keep my eyes under control.And the last thing I saw was my father saying"one day my dear son everyone of our kind will be able to live without fear of the sun.And with that I snap out of my trance.The scroll.......maybe it had something to do with that.I have to go back and get it.But not before I find out where the castle is.

I walk up the steps and over the long bridge and look out onto the

icy world.The cold air biting away at your warmth.I remember how it used to feel and how my mother would pick me up and warm me with a fire.The cracking of the wood as the fire grazed its skin.Sparks filling the air dancing their way to the cold barren ground.Mina huddled next to me and my father and mother holding us.But I can never feel that again I've lost Mina and now I'm slowing slipping away........my sanity being stripped by my overwhelming grieve and desire for revenge and no matter how much I want to stop this.I can't..........I'm losing myself.Im falling into the cracks of my heart never able to resurface to see the sun again........her face permanently engraved in my mind reminding me.I find myself clenching cold snow,a tear frozen on my cheek.I get up and keep moving,I need to get home before I loose control again.Its almost as if something awakened inside me.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

The iron gate opens as you approach it taking in every detail of its architecture.The smooth and flawless stone,the patterns in the walk ways.I walk up to the door leading to the library where I hope to find the book keeper,he should know where it is.The long winding steps up to the library feel like an eternity.As soon as I step through the door a voice calls to me"Is that you?Katō?Ive been waiting for you.Wheres Mina?If she's waiting behind tell her she's welcome to come up here with you"His black eyes stare into mine and I hint a tad if sadness in them.He looks at the ground mournfully"I see......."he said in a low hushed voice.I walk towards him,he looks up"then I'm guessing you want directions back home don't you?Or about the.....where is it?"He asks a worried expression painted on his face.I sigh"I left it back in solitude"

He gets up from his chair quickly,his loud voice booming"WHAT?!KATŌ KERAVA!........."he sits back down calming himself by breathing in and out slowly."Katō go back and get that scroll before I answer your questions.The scroll is of great importance.Do you understand?"He waits patiently for my answer.I nod confirming I understood"yes sir I understand"