The Stand In

3rd POV

Over the next 2 and a half weeks our misguided Moon Hunter has done nothing but taking it easy. Without the training every night she was able to get more things done. Like design a costume for Steve and put the finishing touches on on Claire's dress. She studied the lines of Juliet with Jim durning that time too just in case something happened to Claire. The flu had started going around school which results in less students and less teachers. Less teachers means less homework. When she did get homework the whole gang would come together and complete it then get a treat at the ice cream store after! (Gang- Claire, Toby, Jim, Y.n) Those two weeks Y.n had with her ankle brace was filled with kind people holding the door or her backpack or even giving her candies!

Your POV

Mom said I can finally take off my brace today! I won't miss it, it was really uncomfortable at night! Mom still wants me to take it easy for a little longer but I have to get back to training with Nomura and Strickler as soon as possible if I want to defeat the Troll Hunter and get the rest of the bridge! I have a feeling I'll be running another "errand" tonight now that I'm all better..

"Hey Claire!" I waved as I walked over to her and her locker.
"O-Oh hey, Y.n" she smiled with a scratchy voice.
"Are you okay? You look like a vampire sucked all the blood from your face then gave you the flu and bronchitis at the same time!" I chuckled hoping I could brighten her day a bit with a few jokes. (10 months later I'm editing this again.... I HAVE BRONCHITIS AND IM DYING AT HOME IN BED!)
"Hey C-bomb!" Mary yelled as she came up behind Claire with Darci. "Whoa, you're not looking too hot right now"
"Seriously! You looked like you've been hit by a truck!" Darci shouted.
Claire coughed a few times. It sounded pretty bad.. "i-I'm alright guys! Besides, I can't be sick this close to the play!" Darci, Mary and I all looked at each other with a frown..
"But Claire don't you think you might be pushing it a little?" I asked putting a hand on her shoulder.
"Yeah, you look like you're going to pass out" Mary rested her hand on Claire's other shoulder.
"I'm f-fine girls! I just need to take it easy I guess.." Claire coughed out.
"I don't know.. maybe you should go to the nurse" Darci said as the bell rang for class.
"..I'll go if it gets worse, okay?" She asked with a half smile.
We all knew it wouldn't turn out grea and that she just needs to go home and sleep.
I sighed. "Fine" Mary said and hugged her. Me and Darci joined the warm embrace with giggles being passed around.
After that I headed to Algebra 2.
After that was US History with Strickler who gave me a note on my way into class. It was in Trollish and it read:

Tonight at the bottom of the cliff you will find a crate containing a piece of  the Killahead bridge. Be careful when retrieving it, don't over work yourself.

He was probably just worried about my ankle. I'm excited though! I haven't got to do anything for a almost a month! I couldn't even tell people the reason why it was sprained. I just said, "I don't remember"!
Jim and Toby didn't understand the lesson at all and it was kinda funny to watch them struggle. I think us 3 have finally been able to just laugh at each other for failing so hard sometimes. That is our friendship now.
After that class was over I threw away the paper Strickler had given me and moved on to the next class. By the end of the school day I was pretty exhausted but I still have theater practice. Claire hadn't gone home sick yet and she was looking worse than ever! Ms. Janeth was scared that Claire was going to collapse on stage and fall off so she had a few people standing guard to make sure she's fine. Ms. Janeth didnt want Claire to preform.. She had much rather that Claire goes home and feels better than for her to stay here and preform with Jim. Steve is still out with the flu. Apparently he's been in bed for at least 2 weeks and he's not getting any better is what his mom told Ms. Janeth. Oh- I guess I already gave it away but Jim is now the lead role! Claire won't have to kiss Steve anymore, I know she's been dreading it for a while. Now she has to kiss our goofy friend. Let's be real though, his armor looks as real as mine does. I haven't got to see it since the auditions though. Now that I'm think back to that day it feels so unreal. I had just began training with Nomura and Strickler. I also remember Strickler blowing some powder thing IN MY EYES! He says that it would help me defeat the Troll Hunter but so far it's done NOTHING.
Anyway.. I feel really bad for Claire. At the rate she's going Ms. Janeth will make Claire sit out on the play because she's so sick! I'm pretty positive this is all thanks to Steve by the way. That son of a-
"Places everyone! Except for Claire, you need to go get some water for a minute. Y.n! Take her spot with Jim!" Ms. Janeth yelled. Oh- wow that's me! Isn't this the-.
"Last scene! Oh, it's the most emotional and dramatic! Make this one good Y.n!"