They Lead Me To You.

You guys are quick to read. I only posted that first chapter after so long maybe an hour ago and its already gotten 30 views and a couple comments. Thanks:)
-----------

Your POV

Over the past month, I've kept up with these kids. They are everything me and my friends were if we hadn't found these amulets. They talked for hours just to let me hear the news about what happened in their high school, the same one i went to. There was a lot of funny and cute drama. Peter and Belle even started dating then Connor stared dating this other girl who wasn't in this group while Roslin didn't like to date because its stressful. I heard that..
They were comfortable with me and were excited to read the last one but was sad when it ended. Now they knew the whole story, well, just the basic parts. They found out the Moon Hunter was bad then switched sides, Moon and Troll Hunters fell in love, they fought bad people, found the wizard, changed into trolls, had a big fight, trolls became homeless, Moon Hunter was locked away into he dark for years. Then.. That was it.
I was sad when they left. They said they would always come back and now wanted to meet whoever was writting this story. In hopes they would come back, I wrote that the Moon Hunter and Troll Hunter were still alive and that the Moon Hunter is here with them. They were all sort of petrified and were frantically trying to look for me.
"Shes here now.. C-Could she always hear us?" Connor stuttered in fear. Id love to meet them in person but they'd be so scared..
"Duh, it says right there shes here!.." Belle whisper shouted. The 4 of them created a circle around each other and were all scared but peter.
"Havent you tried stepping into her shoes though? She just told us all that because she wanted to. Maybe she likes us" peter told them and looked back at that wall of memories i wrote.
"But it says she's a troll.." Roslin muttered and looked at what I wrote.
"Half troll! She was human too, remember? No wonder she writes so well" peter exclaimed happily.
"O-Okay, so let's assume shes nice and likes us.. What now? She won't talk to us face to face!" Connor shouted.
"Maybe shes scared of us too.." Belle said in wonder and looked around. Im not scared of these kids, i really like them. Im just scared how they'll react to seeing me.
"Do you think anyone else has seen her?.. How old is she?.." Connor asked and touched the wall. How old am I? I suppose i could answer that question.
"We should leave her paper to write to us!" Peter shouted before putting down his bag and digging in it. "How old are you?.. How old is this story?.." peter said as he wrote questions for me.
"Ask her what she looks like! I've never seen a troll before" belle added and looked over Peter's shoulder happily.
"Ask her why the Troll Hunter never came back to her till the end!" Connor said next.
"Dummy, she probably doesn't know either!" Roslin scolded him and slapped his arm.
"Ow!" He whined in return.
"There, only 4 questions for now.. I hope she answers.." Peter said with a smile as he looked down at the notebook, "hey, Moon Hunter! We're leaving this here and we'll be back again tomorrow night! Dont feel pressured to answer them all or even any!" Peter shouted as he left the notebook next to the things I collected that they gave me on my shelf. Its completely filled up with little things everyone has left me. Little stuffed animals, snow globs, even some pretty lights.
"Yeah! And if you're not mean and scarey, please come out next time!" Belle shouted next and waved all around hoping to be waving in my direction.
"We'll see you tomorrow night Moon Hunter!" Connor shouted as they all packed up.
"See ya!" Roslin shouted last before they all went out. Getting these questions was exciting. After they were gone, I came out and picked up the pen and notebook peter left for me.
"How old am i?.." I asked myself as i looked down at the notebook then had to look to my phone. I have to wear gloves to use the phone because my fingers aren't the same anymore but thats alright. I wrote, "I'm 27 (in human years). I found this amulet when I was 16 in high school."
Then the next question I asked out loud, "how old is this story?.." so i wrote, "3 and a half years old. After leaving the new heart stone I spent all my time here rebuilding the old one. Im alone here."
"What do I look like?.." i asked myself before trying to describe it on paper, "Trolls have stone for skin. Theyre just giant rock people, they don't normally wear clothes other than the Troll Hunter and I with our armor. I have the physique of a human woman my age. My skin is stone, its partly white and partly black/grey." I answered.
Then the last one, "why didn't Jim come back for me?.." so i wrote honestly, "i don't know."
The night and day slowly passed till they came back and found my answers. They were all so excited to hear my story but were sad about hearing the answer to the last question. They wrote me new questions for the next whole week and I answered everything honestly.. Then finally, I came out..
It was monday, April 12th, at 9 o'clock at night like every other time theyd visit. I waited for them sitting on my bed by the bright heartstone. I felt sort of nervous for some reason. I hoped they wouldn't reject me once they saw me. They didn't know I'd come out of hiding so it was a surprise when they walked in and saw this tiny dot by the glowing heartstone. It made them excited and nervous so they ran to figure out what it was. Then they finally got close enough to see and stopped in their places just to stare. I hadnt looked at them though but I could hear them talking about me. They had no doubt it was me, the Moon Hunter. They wondered why I hadn't showed myself until now. I slowly began to raise my head which lead them to stop talking and just watch what I was doing. All I did was move my braided hair off my shoulder before I finally turned to look at them. They were petrified at first till peter was pushed forward. I watched them walk to me with a blank expression while they sort of feared me.
"Y-Youre the Moon Hunter then, right?.." peter asked because he was chosen to speak.
"Well im definitely not the Troll Hunter" i said softly and showed them a little smile. They all cracked a little once i joked with them. Roslin let out a little laugh once she heard me.
"Was the story you told us true? How could all of this happen?.." Belle asked me quietly.
"Its a longer story than I had written out to you 4" I said as i slowly looked over to the wall.
"W-We'll listen!" Connor shouted and was hiding behind peter. I nodded and motioned for them to sit down which they did.
"This place is called Heartstone Troll Maket.. At least it was until Gunmar and morgana destroyed it.." i said as i looked around me. "This is the heartstone. It gave this place energy before it was snatched away for Gunmars army's and to give morgana more power." i said as i patted the orange crystal.
"I knew it was important!.." connor shouted out.
"It used to be huge, it would have taken hundreds of humans to stand around its base. It touched the ceiling as well. I was surprised to see this little spark of light once I returned.." i told them as i looked back to them.
"Returned from the other heartstone? Where the Troll Hunter imprisoned you?.." Peter asked and was leaning forward because he wanted to know more.
"Yes.. It wasnt really his fault though.. Aku, she controlled the entire bad side and still controls me. She took my soul when I was sixteen, i havent been able to feel a thing since then" i said as i looked off at the market i recreated.
"What? But isn't that impossible?" Roslin asked in confusion.
"Not in a world of magic, my dear" i smiled a little, "there are wizards and witches and trolls and aliens.. Theyre all over the place but youll never know" i said as i leaned back against the stone behind me.
"What? Is there something like that in town?" Belle asked excitedly.
"My old friend is married to a wizard. Theres a real troll somewhere around here too but he's probably hiding playing video games" i said as i let out a soft laugh.
"Video games?.." connor asked and looked a little excited.
"Trolls aren't too well educated about human stuff, especially not the one i was talking about. He was raised by Gunmar, a bad guy, and he didnt learn to talk very well" i explained happily. It feels good getting to talk again.
"You were bad too but then you changed? But now this Aku person has your soul?.." Roslin asked and was trying to piece it together.
"Gunmar, Morgan, Engorot, and Aku. Everyone but Aku is dead. Aku has a goal to destroy this world and create a new one. She said she wanted me to be by her side but its all just a dumb trick to get back her amulet. You see, if i died, there would be nothing to protect this world anymore. Aku would have her power back. Not even the Troll Hunter could stop her" i said as i placed my hand over my amulet.
"Youre living for us?.." Belle asked with wide eyes and put her hand over her heart.
"Thats all i have to live for" i gave a soft smile, "i dont have anything else to do. Im not human anymore so i can't be in the sunlight or ill turn to stone like a statue" I told them which made them worry.
"So you're all alone just living? Why?" Connor asked and didnt understand.
"So you kids could grow up and do the things I couldn't" i told them and felt genuinely happy. "But you have to know.. Once this black consumes the white on my skin ill probably die.. I dont know when that'll happen though." I told them as i showed them my hands.
"What?.. is it a disease? Cant we save you?" Peter asked and got a bit louder and more worried.
"My soul was taken from me by Aku. Trolls can live without one but im only half. The wizard said I would die.. But who knows? Maybe my human half will only die and ill become full troll?" I asked as i looked at my hands in fists.
"What happens when you're full troll?.." Peter asked worriedly.
"I dont know either.." i said as i looked back up to them. "I spent the last 11 years of my life in darkness. The first 8 were much worse than this though" i said as i looked around us.
"Because the Troll Hunter locked you up, right?" Belle asked next.
"He didnt have a say in what happened to me. As soon as we entered the new Heartstone I was put in a small cage and lowered over a cliff into pitch black. It only felt like a few months.. Then I woke up outside. The Troll Hunter told me to go so I did.." i told them.
"Did he save you?!" Roslin gapsed.
"Dont you think he would have done it 8 years earlier?.." Connor asked with a scuff.
"I dont know why I was out. The real trolls weren't happy I was gone. They wanted me dead because Aku still is a big part of me. I even met her again after I left. I was in this forest and she tried to convince me to come with her again but I didnt.. Then I ended up in area 51 somehow" i said just before they gasped.
"Was it cool?! Were there aliens?!" Connor shouted exictedly.
"I dont know. The colonel knew my friends had been looking for me so I went and met them for the first time since I left when I was 16. One even had a baby" i said with a soft smile.
"So why arent you with them?.." Peter asked and looked more confused.
"I was trouble then, whose to say im not going to be trouble in the future? If all I have to do is live then ill do it alone" i said as i leaned my head back and shut my eyes.
"Dont you have a family?.." Belle asked softly.
"Yeah.. My mom was heart broken once she heard what happened to me. She never saw me that day, i watched from a far then came here.. Now its been 3 and a half years.." i said as i looked around.
"How do you eat down here?.." Connor asked and looked around.
"I dont. Even if I did, itd have to be something nasty like old socks. The Troll Hunter didn't mind that but I refuse to eat. The last time I ate was when I saw my friends again and the wizard did some magic on real food. It was the best thing I've eaten since I was 16" i sighed and felt happy about that last meal.
"Socks?.." Belle asked in disgust.
"Literally dirty socks. The Troll Hunter made us this nasty drink all the trolls drank and I hate to admit it, but it was actually good at the time.." i sighed and lowered my head.
"Ew.." connor almost gagged.
"Ew indeed. The worst part is that the real troll with us spilled it all over me and I had to take a shower in my armor.. That was the last shower I ever took.. Ugh, gross.." I sighed again.
"You poor thing" Belle sighed and felt bad for me.
"Moon Hunter.. Whats your real name?.." Peter asked and caught everyones attention.
"Dont look me up in the year books at school" I said and let out a soft laugh.
"You went to our school too?" Roslin asked woth a gasp.
"Yeah.. Me and the Troll Hunter were both in a play too.." i said with a little smile.
"What play?.." connor asked and looked a little confused.
"Romeo and Juliet.. He was fighting angorot at the time and almost didn't make it. I wasn't even supposed to be Juliet. My friend was but she got really sick so I had to stand in" i explained with a shaky sigh. That was a crazy day.
"What?! Did you know the Troll Hunter was your Romeo?!" Belle shouted in shock.
"A few days before the play we had all found out we were being tricked by our history teacher, Mr. Strictler. He put some weird dust in our eyes and made us think we were fighting other trolls we didnt know. Then we saw each others amulets and knew." i said as i looked off somewhere remembering our long kiss..
"No way.." peter muttered and looked shocked.
"Mr. Strickler knows you?" Roslin asked and dead panned at me.
"Oh no.." i sighed and rubbed my face. Of course hes still teaching! "You can't tell him I'm here or he'll tell my mom and the others and it'll be a mess.." i told them and felt so worried for myself now. Ill have to move out soon I guess now..
"He knew you as a student?! And the Troll Hunter?!" Connor shouted.
"Do not tell him im here or ill make sure you never come back" i said sternly which scared them a little.
"Shoot! I have to go home!" Roslin shouted and got to her feet.
"Its that late already?!.." they all began to pack up.
"We'll come back tomorrow, Moon Hunter!" Peter shouted before everyone left me. It was so quiet without them here..
I waited for them to come back eagerly.. But they didn't. So i waited hoping they'd come back the next day.. still nothing.. Time blurred from there.
Then one day they showed up out of no where. It was June now.. Time pased so quickly.. from August to june..
"Moon Hunter! Look, shes still here!" Connor shouted as everyone came running. Those kids are back. Ive wondered for so long what happenes to them.
"No way!" Roslin shouted excitedly.
"I-I cant believe we werent dreaming that day!" Belle said next. They all stopped in front of where I sat out of breath and had massive smiles on their faces.
"Im sorry we stopped coming. Connor couldn't keep his mouth shut and asked about you to mr. Strickler then every night we were being followed" Peter apologized with a sigh.
"Every night?.. When did they stop?.." i asked and looked behind them to the entrance.
"Just last night! No more cars! Finally!" Roslin shouted with a sigh.
"Did you look above?" I asked them seriously.
"Above?.." Belle asked in confusion.
"You should go." I said as i stood up. I was twice their size, maybe three times now.
"Wh-What?" Peter stuttered in confusion as they all looked up to me.
"They followed you still.." i muttered as i looked at the entrance. Mr. Strickler is hidimg over there probably waiting for others..
"Wha- Hey!" Connor began before I ran off on all fours right to the entrance. Thats the only way out. I have to leave before they catch me!
"No! Y/n, dont go! We just want to talk!" Strickler shouted as i was nearing. I didnt say a thing, i almost got right by him till he grabbed me and threw me to the ground. "Everyone is worried!" He shouted at me.
"Im dying. You dont need me anymore." I said coldly as I glared in his eyes.
"No! We can get your soul back!" He shouted and already knew what I was talking about somehow. Claire and toby mustve told them long ago.
"I want to live alone till I die.. They don't need me!" I shouted as i threw him off me. He smacked against the wall before falling on his hands and knees. "Let me live for this world while I can. Enjoy yourself while you have the time." I said as i dropped my shoulders a bit.
"N-No!.. Jim came back! He's been looking for you for years!" He shouted in pain. Jim? He came for me?..
"He doesn't need me either.." i muttered and lowered my head.
"Thats not true! He's been in pain watching over you all those years till he got you out!" Strickler protested.
"Watching over me? He put me in a cage and lowered me over a cliff in the darkness for 8 years. He forgot about me. I never had a need in his life and I still dont. I'm the Moon Hunter, we're lucky we haven't killed each other yet.." i growled as if I was an animal.
"Thats not true.. He cant live without you.. He was always checking on you.." strickler said before letting out a long sigh, "He made a deal with Aku to give up merlin's location to keep you alive while he couldnt.." he told me with a lowered head in pain. My chest suddenly felt tight.. He let merlin die to save me?.. What a horrible choice..
"He should've killed me.." i muttered as the kids finally got to us.
"Mr. Strickler?.." Peter asked in confusion. Strickler is in his troll form. These kids will want to hear the whole story soon but it won't come from me.
"The four of them remind me of some of my old students.." Strickler told me as he sat up and changed back to human again. I wish i could do that..
"Im not who I was. Either ill die or my human half dies. Im not the old Moon Hunter I was." I told him with a glare.
"Ah, but you are. If you lost your human half then you wouldn't have befriended with these four" he said and nodded to the others. I grit my teeth and took a step back.
"Leave me alone, Strickler.." i muttered as i turned my back only to walk right into someone's arms.. Jims. I was so stunned at first that I didnt know what to do.
"I missed you.." his voice.. its deeper and he's taller as well.. He doesnt care about me.
"Leave me alone, Jim.." I muttered and slowly pressed my hands against his chest and tried to break away but not with much strength. I missed him too..
"Im sorry.. I cant let you go yet.." he muttered and held me a little tighter.
"He's the Troll Hunter.." i heard Belle quietly gasp.
"Im done playing with everyone.." I groweled and pushed a little harder now.
"Let me explain first, please.." Jim whispered in my ear.
"I dont want to listen!" I screamed and finally pushed him off, "Go back to Troll Market! Go back to the trolls who need you!" I screamed at him. I only ended up making the kids scared though. My tone is threatening and I always sound like im growling now.
"I wont! I've waited so long for you!" He screamed back suddenly and took a step closer.
"You put me in a cage and I never saw you again! You never even tried!" I growled back and was getting overly.. Scarey?.. maybe i am losing my humanity..
"I didnt have a choice! I wasnt allowed to see you! I finally got you out after those years and came back for you! Why won't you listen?!" He shouted and took another step forward.
"Because you should've let time kill me! I wouldn't have had to suffer all those years without you in the dark! Now I have to keep living or Aku will destroy this planet!" I screamed and was getting ready to run.
"Then live with me!" He shouted and suddenly caught me off guard. "Thats all i ever wanted.." his voice lowered and he dropped his guard mostly. "We can have normal lives but we cant if we don't try.. We can pick up where we had to leave off.." he said as he took another step towards me. I was far too gone though. My mind couldn't think at all and before I knew it, I was already running away.
I didnt know where I was running. This reminded me of the old days where I ran from him.. But somehow he always caught me. Just like.. Now..
He took my hand which made me trip. He fell over the top of me and pinned me down. Then Jim.. He.. He kissed me.. and i couldn't feel it..
"Stop.. Please.." i whispered as tears dripped from my eyes. I cant feel it but it means so much..
"Not till you understand.." he whispered staring into my eyes then kissed me again. We're 12 years older but I still feel 16.. i missed him.. i missed him so much. Tears fell whether I wanted them to or not. Jim kept holding me down and kissing me like it was the last time. As the seconds passed, everything about him and I rushed back. I even saw a new memory. Aku had taken over my consciousness. Jim really did make a deal to keep me safe while he couldnt at the cost of merlins life.. i saw Jim's memories too. I saw every time he thought about me. It was every day, he was always sitting by the chain holding my cage reading or just laying down resting. He always talked to me but i never heard.. then he finally got me out without permission.. he was punished for it and was supposed to bring me back but he.. he never did.. he stayed here instead..
"Please.. i can't live like them.." i muttered as tears streamed.
"Yes we can.." he whispered after pulling off my lips.
"I-I won't be half human soon. I-I may not even be alive.." i whispered and cried for all the times I haven't.
"Me too.. She took mine too.. You arent alone.. please trust me again.." he begged as rested his forehead on my chest. Then.. he couldn't feel the kiss either.. but he still did it..
"N-No, why?" I cried harder after hearing that news. Why did she take his too? Why did she do it?
"We can live in peace with our family and friends. We can live like we're human again.." he said as i couldnt stop crying.
"We're monsters though! W-We cant even fit in a house!" I cried painful. My body felt so limp and I feel so hurt now. All my emotions after all these years are finally surfacing and it hurts so badly.
"So i built us a new one.. Please come home with me.. We dont have to be alone anymore.." he asked and tried to wipe my tears. He built-..
"Y-You built a house?.." I asked and tried to see him through the tears.
"One big enough and tall enough.. it just needs you.." he said as he pressed his forehead against mine and kept his eyes shut.
"Is it safe for us to be together again with Aku still being apart of me?.." i whispered in fear.
"You can take it off.. We both can.. It won't control you once its off.." he whispered back.
"Sh-She'll kill me! She'll burn everything!" I shouted once hearing that. I cant go there! I cant destroy anything else, I cant handle that burden again!
"She won't and she cant.. Were safe in our home.. outside we'll have to wear it though.." he promised me.
"I-Im scared.." i finally admitted, "Please dont leave me here again.." i begged as I looked up to his eyes. I dont want it burned down.. B-But I want a home! I want to be with him again! I dont care how long I've been apart from him because my feelings haven't changed! I still love him! I still want to be with him!
"I wont.. Ill never leave you again no matter what happens.. Now lets go home.." he said as he slowly lifted himself up then helped me to my feet next. "Our moms never stopped hating me for what happened.. i should have taken you out so much sooner.." he said as he took my hand and walked with me slowly.
"I was waiting.. All that time I was just waiting for you then you left me again.." i muttered as i tried my best to wipe my tears.
"I was always going to find you again.. You got so far away through. Claire and Toby said you even went to area 51" he said with a soft chuckle.
"Yeah.. i did.." i muttered and kept wiping my eyes.
"We'll see them again soon.. It was just me and Strickler following you, the rest are waiting at our home.." he said. Home.. He really created something like that?..
"Did you really build a house?.." i asked as we walked together through the trees.
"I finished it some time this year.. Its big enough for the both of us. We could even fit arrrgh in too" he chuckled to me.
"So its a house for giants?" I asked with a quiet laugh.
"Of sorts" he looked at me with a smile. "On a less important note.. I cant believe you rebuilt Troll Market. It looks exactly the same" he told me and was in shock.
"The heartstone is growing back too.. Those 4 kids found me a while ago in August" i said with a small smile as we walked.
"They told Strickler everything" he chuckled, "they said you wrote a story and everyday they'd get a new chapter till you finally met them face to face" he said happily.
"Yeah, they were pretty scared at first.. theyll be even more scared after the scene I just caused.." i lightly sighed. Im almost thankful those kids led Strickler and Jim to find me..
"Theyll be fine" he chuckled.
We walked a long way but it was really nice catching up with things.. then i saw it.. This amazing house in the middle of the forest..

----------

How's that for a turn of events?

You couldn't be further from the truth, my friend😂I had already wrote this chapter and the next before posting that chapter

I had already wrote this chapter and the next before posting that chapter. It took a whole lot of strength for me not to comment on your comment about that. Y/n was just lonely and sad and wanted to live her days alone till her inevitable death.. Now what's she to do?