Camping

Your POV

Things became fuzzy soon after.
I dont remember much of what happened. I guess I was taken to the hospital though. They said I turned troll at one point and needed aja and krel to come help out. That troll turning moment resulted in a needle blowing out my vain. There was an IV in my arm and I was hooked up to this breathing machine thing. Basically, I was on life support. Barbra was my private doctor and her and mom tried their best to hide me from the staff and nurses. I think i was on life support for about 2 months. I kind of thought id die for a while during those months. I mean, it wasnt exactly easy living on a thread. I was happy though.
Even if i died in a hospital bed, id be happy. I got to be with my friends and family. I walked in the sunlight. I had a human period and went shopping. I was finally back with jim and everything was really nothing less than perfect.
My friends visited everyday with their families hoping this wouldn't be my last day on earth. I didnt mind if I died at all. I saved the world and was rewarded with everything after. My life couldn't be any better. Even those lonely days I once had were all worth these moments with my friends and family. Even listening to their cries and confessions, I didnt care. My life is still perfect.
There was one day when things got especially hard for everyone. It was about noon on a Thursday. I had been doing so well with life support that they almost let me live on my own but then things got rocky. I guess my heart stopped for about 5 minutes. Of course jim was there. He didnt have anything to do during the day times and he couldn't try to find work with me stuck in the hospital.
Mom and barbra rushed in once the sounds of a flat line rang throughout the hospital floor. Jim wasn't handling it well and mom wasn't allowed to do anything because we're family. Before trying CPR, they used a defibrillator to try and send electronic waves to my heart to restart it. I guess it didnt work but after a few painful chest compressions they got me back. What a world of horror I woke up to. Doctors and nurses all around. Jim and mom absolutely broken. They had to leave though so the medical professionals could help keep me stabilized. Staying awake was the hardest part but they made me keep my eyes open and talk.
It was probably about an hour later when I saw everyone again. I felt pretty dead and my chest hurt, no broken ribs but it hurt. My friends were all crying. It didn't make me feel very good.. I guess I became quiet for the next month. I felt pretty depressed after what happened.. Ive worried everyone for 12 years and even now.
I got over that sadness though eventually. The day I was taken off life support was one everyone celebrated. Some thought that maybe it was too early while others were just happy i could for the most part breathe on my own. I had to wear an oxygen mask every once in a while during the day and all night but hey, im living.
I spent the next 5 painful months stuck in the hospital.. It was horrible. The food was horrible mostly and I hadn't been a troll for 5 entire months... that and i missed home.. Then one day I finally got the okay to go home. By then, jim really did have a steady job and we even had a car. Yes, a real car but i don't have a driver's license still.. Jim does though. Hes not a bad driver either thankfully.
So we finally went home. It was December and feezing but nice. Snow was building up all around our home and made things feel even better. We had a real fireplace too. It was one of the prettiest things about this house. I wasnt allowed to turn troll till I was totally better so I was stuck being little in our big house but that was fine. Jim stayed human with me to make me feel better.
Then all night we just sat together. We watched Christmas movies, new and old, and drank hot chocolate and ate cookies. We snuggled tight under the blankets and I had never felt safer.. then.. I messed up. See, douxie and his stupid magic was watching my vitals or something 24/7.. and my oxygen levels almost completely dropped.. Jim and i were on the couch just doing our own thing.. i was basically asleep.. When douxie knocked with claire by his side, jim got up leaving me laying on the couch... Not knowing I was minutes from dying in my sleep.
So I was rushed to the hospital again.. It was only December 2nd and the first day I got home.. Just my luck.. i think my problem was that maybe i relaxed a little too hard.
Jim was completely mortified that I almost died while we snuggled. I only woke up and caught my breath when douxie and jim shook me awake. I stayed one more night at the hospital, was given an air tank and a mask thing that goes up your nose then I got to go back home. Jim was on high alert the whole time, no surprise. He wouldnt let me fall asleep at all and at bedtime he insisted to stay with me to make sure I wouldnt die. Not in a coupley get closer kind of way but in a please dont die in your sleep kind of way. And that was the first night we shared a bed... I never felt more paniced in my life. I had to stay calm though or else douxies magic might catch something.
Anyway, from that night forward jim and i slept in my bed together every night. It wasnt so weird either. It was comforting and nice. Although one time he turned troll in his sleep and almost squeezed me to death.
And today its been 11 months since I had that one bad day. After months of physical therapy and breathing treatments and worrying my friends and family, im finally better. Im at a normal weight, I have strech marks, and im totally strong! I feel great! Sure, maybe I'm still a little slow and I still have to go to physical therapy a few times a week but other than that, im killing it.