10: Taehyung

I'm standing on top of the building of my apartment. What does it feel like? The sensation of jumping and falling from such a high point. Will I like the feeling? Will it make me feel as if I'm flying? I look down and focus on the streets below me. White and yellow lights dot the entire city and brightens it. It's mesmerising and I never want to leave. I wish I can stay up here forever.

I used to come up here with Haneul, but now I never will be able to. I can only come alone.

I look up to the sky and close my eyes as I let the cool breeze hit my face. A smile spreads on my face as I think about Haneul.

---

"You're lucky you live here," Haneul says and chuckles.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask in confusion.

"This is a beautiful place. The view is amazing and it just feels so peaceful and comforting to be up here."

"Can't you go on the rooftops of other buildings?"

"Well, yeah. But, out of all the places. the view here is the best."

I nod and look at her. She's gazing at the scenery before her and she's smiling, even her eyes seem like they are smiling, as they look like crescent moons. Her long, amber hair is blowing behind her. She's absolutely gorgeous. She's so focused on the view that she doesn't realise I secretly take a photo of her. I chuckle and stare at her. Though she may have flaws, she'll always be perfect in my eyes.

"What?" She asks as she turns to face me. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" I ask.

She laughs, "With those sparkling eyes."

"Sparkling eyes?" I ask with my eyebrows raised.

"Yeah," she says and she stops laughing as I gaze into her eyes.

"You're so beautiful. Even more beautiful than the view. I'm not just lucky to be living here, but I'm lucky to have you as my girlfriend."

She blushes and rolls her eyes, "Yeah, right."

"It's true," I say seriousy.

Not once do I break eye contact with her, even if she tries to avoid it. I stare straight into her glassy brown eyes.

"Stop looking at me like that."

"Why?"

"Because... it's... it's making me uncomfortable."

I laugh as I look at the shy girl I've made her become. She's fiddling with her hair and looking away from me.

"No," I say as I grab her chin and gently make her look at me.

I move my hands to either side of her face and I finally get her to look into my eyes.

I move forward towards her. She bites onto her lip nervously. I lean into her face and press my lips against hers. Her lips are soft and slightly moist. I close my eyes and move my hands to her waist, pulling her closer to me, so our bodies are touching. Her hands are placed on my shoulders as our lips move and press together. I don't stop. All I do is move faster, though I remember be gentle. I don't ever want to hurt her.

My heart is beating and I feel as if I'm soaring with euphoria. I feel somewhat drunken by Haneul. By those soft lips of hers. I can taste her sweet lip balm in my mouth. I love her so much. I don't want to let her go, but I have to.