30: Taehyung

Luna ends up staying the night at my place and we're huddled under the sheets of my bed. She's fast asleep with her head resting on my chest. I listen to her soft breathing as I attempt to fall asleep, but I can't. I'm scared. Scared for Luna. I don't want what happened this afternoon to happen again. I don't want her to get hurt. I don't want to lose her. She's learning to overcome the depression and I don't want it to come back to haunt her. What would I do if she tried hurting herself again? I can't let that happen.

"I love you..." I whisper and gently plant a kiss on top of my girlfriend's head.

---

Morning comes and I'm on the phone with Jimin as Luna is still asleep in my room.

"Hey, Jimin," I say. "I need you to do me a favour."

"Ok..." he says hesitantly. "What is it?"

"I need you to talk to Aurora. To be by her side and support her," I explain. "She's not really in good shape right now, with her complications with her parents... and her feelings for me."

I hear him sigh and imagine him scratching the back of his head as he says, "Well... I'll see what I can do."

"I thought you wanted a girlfriend?" I say to get him to be more enthusiastic about what I'm asking him to do. "This is the perfect chance. Talk to her and maybe you'll develop feelings for each other."

"I admit that she's a pretty girl and I'll love to date her. But... she doesn't seem interested in me," Jimin says and sighs once again. "She's only interested in you."

"So? Things change. You never know," I say to convince him. "Like I never imagined that I would be dating Luna. I didn't think that I was capable of dating someone either than Haneul."

"Alright... I'll find the time to go over and talk to her," Jimin replies reluctantly.

"You sound so forced, do you not want to do this?" I ask in confusion, as I thought Jimin would be thrilled by the idea of getting to talk to Aurora.

"No, I do want to do this. It's just... I met this girl at the bar with Jungkook last night... her name was Carmina, and we seemed to get along well, I think that we might be able to get into a long-lasting relationship..."

"Oh..." I say slightly dejectedly. "That's... that's great. Forget about what I asked you to do. It's okay. I'll think of something else."

But what else can I do to help Aurora? I don't know anyone else who would be willing to talk to her and befriend her. I sigh as I try to come up with other ideas.

I'm about to end the call, when Jimin stops me, "No, wait, Taehyung. I'll talk to Aurora. I actually want to be friends with her."

"Are you sure? You don't have to..." I say.

"I'm sure," Jimin replies with certainty.

"Thank you, Jimin," I reply.

"Anything for my bro," he says and I chuckle. "So... how's Luna doing?"

I don't know how to answer his question, because I honestly don't know how she's doing. I don't know what's going on in her head. I don't know what she's thinking about. But I can tell that she's trying her best to forget about what happened. I know that she's still upset with Aurora, yet she isn't mad at her anymore. She believes that Aurora has a good reason for acting in the way that she did. Even if Aurora was having family problems, it's still unacceptable to be harsh to Luna just because she has feelings for me. They were supposed to be good friends.

"She was in an emotional state last night, but she's holding up," I say. "But, she doesn't want to tell her mum or sister about it. She doesn't want to worry them."