Chapter Two: Attempted

ANASTASIA'S POV:

Attempt. 

Making an effort to achieve or complete something. 

<><><><> 

Waking up as the sun rises isn't ideal, especially not when you're a teenage girl who wishes she could sleep in. But you don't get what you want all the time, or in my case at all.

Besides you can find peace in the fact of waking up at sun rise. The birds chirp, squirrels squeak, people walk their animals, the moon fades away as the sun rises high into the sky. It's just peaceful, and there's almost nothing that can destroy that peace.

I watch the sun rise every morning around five-thirty in the morning every single morning, sometimes it's earlier, other's it later. But it's a constant in my life, the sun always rises and I look forward to the peace it brings in the mornings.

It's the calm before the storm. 

After the sunrise I begin my long, tiring days. I start by getting my room ready. It's as simple as making my bed and picking out a simple pair of clothes to wear. It's mid-September in Wisconsin, which can either make it pants weather or shorts weather. Today happens to be a day where it's only sixty degrees out, which deems pants acceptable.

I grab my clean underwear and bra, one of my few clean sweaters and one of my few clean pairs of pants. The sweater was a dark purple long sleeved sweater. The pants were a pair of comfortable black leggings, and for my shoes they were regular old running shoes. I also had my mother's wedding ring which I had taken when none of my brothers were looking, and my father's wedding ring which I had also taken when none of my brothers were looking.

Nobody had said anything about either of them going missing, so I assume they never realized I took them. I deserved something of my parents, especially after I was told that I was partly to blame for their murder, and so I took their rings. I never took either ring off of my body. My finger eventually grew to fit my mother's ring, so I wear that ring on my hand everyday, but my father's ring is worn on a necklace, as it's still too big for my fingers.

 My finger eventually grew to fit my mother's ring, so I wear that ring on my hand everyday, but my father's ring is worn on a necklace, as it's still too big for my fingers

ANASTASIA'S OUTFIT SHOWN ABOVE 

I quickly grabbed the towel that was hanging off the end of my small twin size bed, before hurriedly making my way out of the bedroom and towards the bathroom. It was five-forty-five now and I only had until six o'clock in the bathroom. This was a schedule I had to follow in order to get everything ready for my brothers. If I didn't follow the schedule, then I was late, and would get in a heavy amount of trouble. 

So as I entered the bathroom and closed the door behind me, I immediately turned the water on and started my morning getting-ready routine. I placed my towel on the towel rack, placed my clothes on the counter, undressed myself, did my business, and then wiped, before getting off the toilet, and washing my hands, then my face, and finally my teeth.