Chapter Eleven: Changes

Time Skip - 3 Weeks Later - Early-August 2014

ANASTASIA'S POV:

Change.

The act or instance of making or becoming different.

<><><><> 

There's good change, and then there's bad change. I never thought that moving back to South-Eastern Wisconsin would be a good change, I still don't. Right now, it seems as if there's too many bad memories for this place to ever be home again. There's too many bad memories for this place to ever be my safe-haven, unlike California which unknowingly at the time turned out to be one of the best decisions ever made. California saved me. Alexandria and Miles saved me. 

As soon as the private plane we were all riding in hit the landing strip with a thud, landing on the tarmac, I was swiftly reminded that I never wanted to come back here. My stomach clenched, my hands got clammy, and sweat formed on my hairline.

I was not happy to be back, especially not so close to the place I had once called home. 

We were less than ten miles away from where I used to live, where I used to be tortured daily, where I thought I was going to die.

I never wanted to come back.

I never thought I'd come back willingly, but my will to catch my parents murderer was stronger than my desire to never come back.

All I could do was hope. Hope that we find the person who ordered the kill on our parents sooner, rather than later, and that the quicker we catch him, the quicker we get back home to California, where life will go on as our new normal.

The faster I catch the person who ordered that kill, the faster I can begin to grieve.

The faster I can begin to slowly move on.

<><><><>

"I got baby one." Luke spoke, showing us the smiling Dylan in his arms.

"I got baby two." I sighed, pulling Courtney up on my hip, "You guys got our bags?"

"Course." Jamie smiled, before showing me that she not only had her bags, but she also had mine.

"And I got yours Luke." Wyatt spoke to his brother.

"Thanks, man."

"Yeah, whatever."

"So where's the car we're taking?" Layla asked me.

"I arranged a limo for us getting to the house I bought. Our cars will be at the house tomorrow morning by the time we wake up. So until then, the only place we really need to go to is the house. We can order some food and have it delivered to the house." I told everyone, "Look there's the limo."

As the limo pulled to a stop in front of us, I pulled my I.D. out of my pocket and walked up to the driver's window, showing the driver who I was. He rolled his window down, and nodded at me, "Hello Miss Wolp. It's nice to see you again."

"It's good to see you too, Jerry." I smiled back at him.

"There are two car seats in the limo, go ahead and get situated, all of you. I'll get the bags in the trunk." Jerry smiled softly at me.

Jerry Romanov was my parents, Alexandria and Miles, chauffeur. They didn't really need one, but Jerry was desperate for a job, and so my parents gave him one. That was nearly twenty years ago, and he's been with them, and now us, ever since.

"Thank you Jerry." I smiled, letting Wyatt open the door for me, before I carefully slipped inside the interior of the limo.

Following after me, Luke entered with Dylan still in his arms. Then Jamie and Kayla followed in, followed by Max and Layla. I watched through the side of my eye as Wyatt began helping Jerry load the bags into the trunk.