Chapter Twenty-One: Revelations

Time Skip - 2 Weeks Later - November 12th. 2015

ANASTASIA'S POV:

Revelation.

A surprising and previously unknown fact, especially one that is made known in a dramatic way.

<><><><> 

Life had passed by in a blur. Mine and Nathan's seventeenth birthday had come and gone, and now came the next hurtle of life.

Nathan had met the little twins, Courtney and Dylan, on the night of Halloween. Nate and I had gotten dressed up and went trick or treating with them. Courtney and Dylan absolutely adored Nathan, they loved following him around and were practically hanging on every word Nathan spoke.

Nathan had been surprised to say the least, especially when the twins called me "mom-Ana" in front of him. Surprisingly, Nathan didn't even begin to lecture me like I thought he would have, he just smiled -though it was a bit forced- and talked with Courtney and Dylan about anything they wanted to discuss.

Later once trick or treating was over Nathan had only told me that I owed him no explanation, and that he would always love me, no matter the situation.

It was safe to say the twins found a new best friend in the loving arms of their adoptive uncle/brother. And I was seriously contemplating whether I should tell Nate about the gang yet.

Jackson, Mason, Matthew, and James on the other hand still have no idea about the little twins, seeing as I made Nathan promise not to talk about them in their presence.

It wasn't that I didn't like my brothers, especially the other three who have been trying to prove themselves. I just didn't trust anybody near my babies, especially not with the history we all have together.

I know people can change, but until I'm at a point where I'd trust them with my life, I wouldn't place any of my trust in my other four brothers taking proper care of my babies. Besides, nobody would ever take care of my babies like I would. 

<><><><>

The day started like any normal Thursday morning, at five o'clock in the morning the group and I did our normal weekday work outs. We did our stretches for five minutes to warm up, then we moved on to seventy-five curl ups, seventy-five pull ups, thirty-five push ups, seven miles running on the treadmill, and five more minutes of stretching for a cool down.

We finished at six-seventeen in the morning, and that allowed ourselves more than enough time to be able to shower and get ready for the day.

I quickly washed my hair and body, before letting my body rest under the scalding hot water that was removing all the unpleasant knots in my back from the amount of physical and emotional stress I've been putting it under lately.

Sighing, I reluctantly turned the water off and quickly began to dry my body off before tying my wet hair up into a towel wrap. I gently stepped out of the shower, watching where I plant my feet down so I wouldn't slip or fall on the damp floor.

I looked in the mirror that was above the sink and stared at myself.

I looked healthy on the outside, but I paid closer attention to my eyes. They lacked the brightness that had been in them years before. I looked exhausted.

I was emotionally exhausted.

Sighing once again, I opened the bathroom door that was attached to my bedroom and walked straight to my closet, skimming through my clothes.