Chapter Eight: Happier

Flashback - 2013

ANASTASIA'S POV:

Rejoice.

A showing of great joy or delight.

<><><><> 

It had been four months since I came to live with Alexandria and Miles. Things couldn't have been going any better. My life was finally in a good place, and I was rejoicing in the fact that finally, I could have a happy ending to my sad story.

Trauma and abuse don't make a story, they make a chapter or two. What happens after that is anybody's guess.

I chose to let go and move on.

I needed to start living my life, I was tired of doing nothing more than existing and surviving.

Now I can live and thrive.

These were the best four months of my life, and I couldn't wait to continue having good days like I've been having.

These past few months, I got to know Alexandria, Miles, Javier, and Jake really well. Alexandria is exactly how I remember my mother being: kind, compassionate, loving, yet tough and fair. Miles wasn't like how my father was. He was a tough shell to crack, but I did it. Now we couldn't be closer, Miles is like the second father I never had. Javier and Jake are the fun uncles who you could go to for anything and you knew they would never use it against you. Uncle Javier and Uncle Jake know when it's time to have fun and when it's time to be serious.

I could see why my parents were best friends with these people. They were some of the best people I've ever met. 

Luke, Wyatt, Max, Layla, Jamie, and Kayla are my specific group of friends. We all live together in this mansion along with our parents or guardians (in my case). I still couldn't find it in me to call Alexandria and Miles, mom and dad, but they both have assured me on multiple occasions that they were fine with being called Alex and Miles. Though, I do call them my parents in general, I can't help but feel like I'm betraying my parents by calling Alex "mom" and Miles "dad". 

My parents would want me to grow and become happy. They would be okay with me calling Alex "mom" and Miles "dad", because at the end of the day Alex and Miles would never replace my biological parents nor would they replace my memories. I'd simply make more memories with my adoptive mom and dad.  

I'll be ready to call them mom and dad eventually, and that's all that really matters. 

Alexandria was now eight and half months through her pregnancy, definitely showing now with her large bump that was holding not one baby, but two. We didn't know the gender, as they wanted to be surprised but two babies were going to be a lot to take care of, no matter the gender(s).

Alex and Miles were also able to adopt me within the first month of me living with them. My legal name was now Anastasia Marie Smith-Wolp. M schooling was just like any other school, but my group of friends made everything seem a little bit better. We were becoming very close friends, to the point where I'd leave my life in their hands. 

Training was something I enjoyed too, it was a fun stress reliever. It was simple gun training, martial arts, and knife training. But it was something that kept me grounded and stress free.

I couldn't help but to feel happy with my life and where I was. 

I was finally able to live my life happily. 

<><><><>

It was three-o-four in the morning, everything was silent in the house, when suddenly a ear-piercing shriek cut through the silence, waking everyone, including myself up.