Chapter Thirty: Rescue

THIRD PERSON POV:

Rescue.

An act of saving or being saved from danger or distress.

<><><><> 

She had dialed the number.

He picked up the phone and smiled cynically.

Wyatt and Anastasia made eye contact, she nodded and he began typing.

"Hello Anastasia." his voice boomed in Anastasia's ear.

"Uncle Casher," she sighed, "You have Courtney and Dylan?"

Ana had phrased the statement as a question, even though they both knew that Casher had been the one to order the kidnapping. There was no question about the statement, only facts were being stated.

"Yes, I do." Casher confirmed, "Now if you want them to be returned to you unharmed, you will do exactly what I tell you, Anastasia. Do you understand?"

Ana rolled her eyes and looked towards Wyatt. He shook his head, he needed more time.

"Of course I'll listen to you Uncle Casher." Ana relented, "You were my father's brother. That had to have meant something to him, which means it means something to me." Ana told him softly.

She had to buy Wyatt time, enough time to finish tracking the location of Casher. This was the only way Courtney and Dylan would come back alive and unharmed. Deep down, Anastasia knew Casher would never give Courtney and Dylan back to her alive and unharmed, which meant taking things into her own hands.

Uncle Casher was not the same man she knew while she was growing up. Granted, when Anastasia knew him, her mother had always been around. Now her mother was not around, and considering Casher "loved" her mother, he must be driving himself mad over her death.

Ana paused for a split second as she thought, 'Maybe that was the reason behind everything?'

But she needed to dismiss those thoughts right now. There were more important things going on, and right now, Ana needed to be mentally present and focused on Casher. She couldn't allow him to get one over on her.

"Good girl." Casher spoke, "Now you'll need to hand over your gang to me, seeing as a little girl like yourself shouldn't be worrying her pretty little head about such matters. Do you understand that, sweetheart?"

"Yes, I understand Uncle Casher."

"That's a good girl, Ana." Casher replied, "Now You'll also need to bring yourself to the address I'll be giving you. Tonight at six-thirty. Do you understand or have any question?"

"Yes, Uncle Casher I understand. I'll be handing myself and my gang over tonight in exchange for Courtney and Dylan's safety. I don't have any questions."

"Good girl." Casher nodded his head in agreement, even though nobody could see him in his empty office, "Now-"

Wyatt had shook his head and gestured to his computer before holding up two fingers. He still needed more time to find the correct location. He needed two more minutes, at least.

"Actually, Uncle Casher-" Anastasia cut Casher off from hanging up, "I have a question I want to ask you. Can I do that?"

Casher was quiet for a moment before he responded, "I don't see the harm in answering a simple question from a young girl like yourself."

Anastasia didn't speak for a moment and Casher got impatient, "Your question, Anastasia? What is it?"

Casher didn't want her to ask any questions about what was to happen. The less information Ana had was better in Casher's eyes, however, he knew that in order to keep Ana at bay, right now he'd need to give up a little information. Eventually, though, Casher believed that he would be holding all of the cards.