Daily 09-A Journey (YongNai)-Chapter 1

SOTUS S Snippet

☕️🍼☕️🍼☕️🍼

Yong X Nai Short Tale

A Journey-Chapter 1

The moment Yong started the engines and his car sprang to life, both Yong and Nai knew the journey to Chiangmai from Bangkok will be a long night for the both of them. Approximately 8 hours to be exact and that was, if they do not stop for bathroom breaks along the way. Nai still could not believe that P'Yong, his now ex-superior actually offered to send him, a mere intern, all the way back to Chiangmai, his hometown.

He still could not understand why P'Yong even made that ride offer home or rather, he didn't dare to expect what he thought he might be expecting. To Nai, it was too good to be true. Perhaps to P'Yong, the only reason why he offered was because he was being the kind-hearted as usual. 

Nai felt his heart beating fast. As P'Yong's car turtle-d along the slow Friday Bangkok traffic. Nai knew getting out of Bangkok would further delay the journey. He stole a glance at P'Yong. He adverted quickly but was caught.

"What? Anything on my face?" Yong asked with his smirk, his free left hand touching his stubbly chin. Nai felt his face warm.

"Nope, I was just looking out the window from your side," Nai randomly said. Yong looked out, believing Nai's excuse. 

"Yeah, the traffic is pretty bad today. It'll take some time before we even get out of the city," Yong said, turning back to Nai and smiled again.

Nai smiled back, "It's still not too late to drop me off the bus stop. I can still get the bus ticket to go home you know," Nai just have to re-affirm.

"Why would I do that when I promised I will send you home? Unless you really don't want me visiting your home town?" Yong teased, free hand automatically ruffling Nai's hair. Nai don't know why but he felt a strange feeling in his stomach. 

"P'Yong...do you think...I can discuss with you about something when we are back at my place?" Nai asked, looking out the window.

"Sure, we can do it now if you want? Since, we are going to be together for a long while now," Yong replied.

Nai was taken aback for a moment. Before he could reply, P'Yong turned on the car signal to switch lanes.

"It's ok P, you should concentrate on the driving first. Plus, the football game is starting anytime now," Nai said. That sounded like a sensible choice of reply at the moment.

"Oh, cool, just use my phone to watch the Youtube live, I want to watch too," Yong said while stepping on the acceleration pedal to move into the highway. Finally, smooth traffic.

"No P, we aren't going to watch the match. I'll just switch on the radio so we both can listen to it," Nai said, tuning Yong's car radio.

"Ou, but why?" Yong said, now glancing at Nai who was busy tuning the right channel.

"Because, one, P'Yong, you need to concentrate on the road. I would like to go back home in one piece and two, football is much better to debate with when you have someone to watch it together, to be fair and three, listening to it is all the same, we can imagined what happened and then analyze it together when we re-watch the match," Nai explained. Yong chuckled and shook his head.

[And fourth, it is so I can focus enjoying my moments with you], Nai thought to himself and smiled.

"Do you want snacks P?" Nai asked, rummaging his huge plastic bag of snacks. Yong glanced over.

"Sure, if you can just open some and feed me," Yong said, picking up the car speed.

Nai smiled and opened one bag of potato chips. Just in time, the voice of the football commentator started his greetings for the game opening.

Their time together continued.

☕️🍼☕️🍼☕️🍼

Anyone like Yong and Nai? I wished we saw more of this couple. Should this be continued?