Attacked

Bowsette slunk down against the wall, her face was still red, her pupils were small from shock, "What came over her?" Bowsette used her other hand as a fan, she was shaking, and her heart wouldn't slow down, "Wh-what is this?" Bowsette continued to take deep breaths, she felt warm, 'Please calm down heart.'

  Bowsette stopped worrying about her heart when she hear a snap. It could only be a few feet away, she only turned her head, and saw something hide behind a bush. Bowsette stood still, what did the creature want?

  "I already saw you, there's no point in hiding." The bush only shifted ever so slightly, "Come out, you don't need to hide." Bowsette took one step forward, but a small whistle made her stop. Bowsette didn't have enough time to react before a shot of flowed through her arm.

  Bowsette grabbed her arm and quickly turned around, an arrow stuck out of her arm. A koopa with a bow and arrow stood there, a cold look in their eye, and their voice was ice, "Hybrids shouldn't be on the throne."

  Bowsette felt a fire start inside her and growled, "A lot of nerve to take a shot at me." The koopa didn't respond and prepared another arrow, Bowsette smirked, "A fight you want, eh?" Bowsette put one leg forward and the other back, "I like it!"

  The koopa shot their arrow and Bowsette rolled out of the way. The koopa quickly grabbed another arrow and was ready for fire again, until Bowsette had the bow in one hand and was holding the arrow to keep it from firing with her other hand. The koopa kept a good grip on the bow to keep Bowsette from pulling it away, Bowsette dropped the arrow, and was ready to claw the koopa. A shot of pain went up her back, she stopped what she was doing, and the memory of the thing hiding behind the bush.

  Bowsette felt something sharp being pulled out of her and she fell to the ground, "You..." Bowsette couldn't finish her statement stomp on her side.

   "She's good as dead, might as well finis--" The koopa stopped speaking mid-sentence, when something hit them.

  "St-step away from h-h-her grace, o-or yo-you'll re-gr-gr-et it!" Bowsette could only faintly smile as she heard the familiar voice of her adviser, Magikoopaette.

  Magikoopaette's heels clicked on the stone ground as she walked, the koopa growled, "Magic..." The koopa looked to their companion and they both nodded, "Run!"

  Magikoopaette quickly chanted unknown words and shot at the fleeing koopas, but missed. Magikoopaette pouted, "D-d-don't c-co-me back!" Magikoopaette knelt down next to Bowsette, panic in her eyes, "Y-your gr-grace, pl-pl-ease, d-don't give u-up, y-you'll b-b-be fine, s-soon!"

  Bowsette's vision started to blur, she heard a constant ringing, then her eyes slowly started to close. Her body felt heavy and her mind started to go blank, 'Don't go... not yet...'

Author's Note

I'm sorry for the cheesy cliffhanger of being, but next chapter is taking a while, sorry, I promise to bring my reader's another chapter, next Wednesday. Thank you for all the support of this series, it means a lot to me.