Preparation is Key

Bowsette fixed her hair in a bun and checked both sides of her hair, she humphed, "Bowser, whatever you're doing," she sighed, "I hope it works."

  Bowsette stared at the mirror, one day, she could be happy. Bowsette put her hand on the mirror and smiled, "You'll be there soon."

*****

  Shyette took the cake out of the oven, she hadn't stopped cooking since Bowser told her his plans.

  Bowser's mouth hung open in awe, "Shyette you didn't have to make this much."

  Shyette stopped in her tracks, slowly turned her head toward Boswer, and glared; the glare sent shivers down Bowser's spine and he shut his mouth. Shyette then quickly returned to cooking and didn't use signals for Bowser to help from then on.

*****

  Magikoopaette grabbed every dress that caught her eye, while Peach followed close behind. Each dress added made the weight in Peach's arms heavier, "Um... Magikoopaette," Magikoopaette turned to face Peach, "What are these for?"

  Magikoopaette flinched and bit at her thumb's nail, "N-nothing, y-you'll f-i-ind out!"

  Peach's eyes widened, why couldn't Magikoopaette tell her?

  Magikoopaette pushed Peach into a room and closed the door, "C-come out wh-e-en you've dr-dre-ssed in o-one of m-m-y optio-ns."

  Peach placed the hangers on the metal bar, each had their own goods about them; one was a pale blush, with a ball gown skirt, flared out wrist cuffs, with white lace trim. Peach put it one, but realized it showed more bust than she thought it would.

  "Maybe, I should try a different one..."

  Magikoopaette tapped her foot impatiently, "Wh-what is taking h-h-her s-so long?" Magikoopaette knocked on the door, "U-um, P-P-each, a-are you o-k-kay?"

  No answer.

  Magikoopaette creaked the door open and saw Peach wearing a crepe mermaid gown, with a saguaro blossom slit and trail. Magikoopaette covered her mouth, Peach felt her stare, and quickly turned, "Don't look, I'm st-"

  "P-Peach, you l-lo-ok per-f-fect!" Peach looked down at the sleeveless dress, it was nice, plus it was comfortable, "I-if you l-l-like it, I'll g-e-et the he-he-ad piece."

  Peach hesitantly nodded and Magikoopaette placed a pearl clip in Peach's hair, "Thank you, Magikoopaette."

  Magikoopaette smiled, "C-c-come on, today i-is a bi-ig day!"

  Magikoopaette took Peach's hand and teleported to the dining hall. Peach watched the usually dim dining hall become vibrant; with flower pots on the window sills and roses decorating the table.

  Peach started to turn to Magikoopaette, "What," but Magikoopaette wasn't there, "Is this?"

  "Princess..."