Who Am I Kidding?

Bowsette rolled in bed, as she remembered the day before, what was she thinking? Telling Peach she loved her. Bowsette's face was scarlet, she shoved her face into a pillow to muffle her screams, and gritted her teeth, "You idiot, why can't you do better?"

  Bowsette puffed her cheeks out, it was nothing but a dream of her and Peach being together. A very nice dream.

*****

  Peach looked out the window, the sun shined bright as ever, and the sky held a calmness it hadn't before. Peach smiled, she felt at home, almost. She had work, she had people she cared for, the only thing different was that she was a hostage there and back home she was a princess. She sighed, she didn't understand why she had come to care about this place like it was her kingdom. She hadn't before, the only difference was, "No, that can't be... She could never--like--me--"Peach stopped herself, and went silent.

  She remembered the day before and that morning, "Bowsette just didn't want to be alone, that's all." Peach realized one fact that made her thoughts become a jumbled mess; who was she trying to convince? No one was listening to her, no one knew about it except her and Bowsette, she was the only one she could be convincing.

  "P-Peach?" Peach was snapped out of her thoughts by the familiar voice of her mousy friend, Peach turned to face Magikoopaette, "S-s-sorry to b-b-oth-er you, I'm-I'm just w-w-or-ied about h-her gr-ace."

  Peach shook her head, "You're not bothering me, Bowsette is doing fine."

  Magikoopaette smiled, "Perfect, c-c-an I ch-check on her?"

  Peach was a bit confused at first as to why Magikoopaette would feel like she had to ask her first, but Peach simply nodded and replied with, "Of course."

*****

  Bowsette was trying to sleep in the tranquility of the room, but she couldn't stop thinking of Peach. Bowsette opened her eyes, she couldn't even sleep, 'Well, isn't that great?' Bowsette sat up, she looked at the bedside table, Bowsette didn't know what it was, but she was drawn to it. Bowsette opened the drawer, inside was a single red rose petal, "Wait, isn't that fro-"

  She heard a knock at the door, she slammed the drawer closed, and laid down, "Y-y-our hi-hign-ness, may I c-come in?"

Bowsette sighed in relief, it wasn't Peach, "Come in."

  Magikoopaette opened the door a little and poked her head in, "Y-your h-h-highn-n-ness?" Magikoopaette saw a stir in the bed, she smiled, and pulled up a chair. Magikoopaette sat down, "S-so, h-h-how are th-ings going y-your grace?" Bowsette mumbled an incoherent statement, Magikoopaette leaned in, and listened again, "Wh-what was th-that?"

  "I probably ruined everything..." Bowsette grumbled.

  Magikoopaette pushed her braid back and sighed, "What happened?" Silence. Magikoopaette shifted anxiously in her chair, biting her lip, "W-would y-you like to t-talk to-- h-his highn-n-ness?"

  When Magikoopaette got no response, she decided to get Bowser even if Bowsette didn't want him there. Bowsette laid in bed in the empty room, she started to notice just how silent it could really be, then she heard the door open. Bowsette pulled the blankets closer to her.

  "Sister..." Bowsette knew the voice all too well, but didn't dare turn to face her brother.