The Ball

Peach tied her hair in a ponytail, Knight was the night of the ball, she couldn't be happier. She was wearing a crepe colored, sleeveless sheath gown, with a semi-sweet heart neckline. Peach put on her white kitten heels with pearls on the side. 

  Peach peaked her head out the door; koopas and other creatures were dressed in their best attire. Everyone was in a buzz over the ball, it made the castle feel more lively than ever.

  "I'm so happy, I'm finally going to be able to have a nice date." A koopa smiled, fixing his tie, while talking to a goomba.

  "I'm just excited to see my sister again, she is usually caught up with work." The goomba looked up hopefully.

  Peach leaned her back against the cold stone wall, a happy sigh escaped her lips, " A night, when everyone unites with the people they care about from both kingdoms."

  Peach suddenly noticed something about her statement, even Mario was allowed to come, then. Peach stood up, if Mario came, would she have to go back to the Kingdom? No, she would just run back, but then, who would watch over the kingdom?

  "Oh, why must it be like this?" Peach's head started to ache, the pain was intolerable.

  "Peach?" Peach looked up at the familiar face of her girlfriend, "Are you okay?"

  Peach gulped, a pit formed in her stomach, "I'm fine."

  Bowsette could tell Peach was lying, she leaned closer to Peach, "Is it--Mario?"

  Peach flinched back, Bowsette was right on the point, "Well, it's just-- I don't want to go back!"

  Bowsette felt her heart crack, Peach's held back tears were falling, "I see... why don't we..." She wasn't the best at what she was going to say next, but it could be their only course of action. "Talk to him, he is understanding from what I've heard after all."

  Peach couldn't deny it, he listened to everyone, Peach felt a spark of hope, "Okay."

  Bowsette intertwined her fingers with Peach's, "Don't worry, we'll get through this, together." Bowsette smiled, her heart was beating faster than ever of worry; but she was doing her best not to show it. Peach slowly felt her worries melt away, "Now, let's go, the ball is starting."