Picnic

AN: Hey guys! Thank you so much for all the views! It means a lot that people are actively reading this! I'm sorry that I've been busy lately, but I made sure  had time today to write this! Hope you enjoy! 

Rosabella POV

Daring wouldn't take no for an answer. He asked me to go on a picnic with him,and I desperately wanted to say yes, but I couldn't. Apple was going to spill Cerise's secret, if I don't stay away from Daring. Right now, It was impossible for me to answer him, I was carried over his shoulder and my face had the perfect view of his muscular back. His hands were placed upon my thighs making me quiver. Every Time he took a step forward I felt this bottomless pit of butterflies in my stomach. After ten minutes, he finally laid me down on a soft blanket. As I slowly got up, I saw a picnic basket sprawled out on the blanket, and we were at the edge of the forest. A lake was about ten feet from where we were, and a picnic basket was right next to me. My eyes turned to Daring, as he sat down next to me, making me uneasy.

" Sorry about dragging you here, but isn't the view amazing?"

" Daring we should get back to the campsite."

His face saddened and asked, " Am I that bad to be around?" He took his eyes off me, and looked down at his knuckles which he was playing with. I instantly felt like a jerk.

I lifted his chin with my index finger ,to make him stare at me, like he did to me when we were in the pool, and said, " It's not that..." I didn't know what else to say. I can't tell him about Apple blackmailing me, and I can't tell him that i love him. I know he said it once to me but I don't know if it was genuine. It felt genuine but i romanticize everything.

Daring snapped me out of my thoughts by holding my hand and whispering in my ear, " I'm glad to hear it." I let out a quiet whimper when his breath left my ear. He started to unpack the picnic items and I couldn't help wonder if this is what a date looks like. I've never been on a date before but I've read many books about them. The scenery looks like something straight out of a book.

Daring POV

We have been talking for hours and then we realized that the sun was setting. A beautiful pink orange was hitting the water, and purple surrounded it. It is the best sunset I have ever witnessed. I glance over at Rosabella whose eyes are sparkling. She is staring at the sunset in awe, and when she catches me staring at her, I blush. I have to tell her how I feel about her. I need to tell her how her smile makes my day, how her intelligence awes me, and how gorgeous she is. Just thinking about telling her any of this makes my palms sweaty.

I stutter, " Rrrosabella?" When she makes eye contact with me my heart rate speeds up dramatically.

" Yes?"

" Today was amazing. I like spending time with you."

" I like spending time with you too." She smiled at me when she sent that, making me feel like I'm going to explode by how fast my heart is beating. I need to stop beating around the bushes and just say it.

" I'm in love with you. I have been since Epic Winter, and I don't want to be just your friend." 

Rosabella POV

Hearing him say that filled me with butterflies once more. I wanted to kiss him desperately, but I remember what Apple said.

" You have a girlfriend", I reminded him.

" I'll break up with her. I only want you." He was great at wooing, I forgot. He knew exactly what to say to make my head swirl and my heart melt. I hated with what I was about to say next.

I started, " Daring we can't..", until Cerise interrupted and yelled, " STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING!" Daring and I were both startled and I asked her, " What are you doing here?"

She was panting, but managed to say, " Saving you from a big mistake. I heard what Apple said, and I'm not going to let you go all noble on me."

" Cerise but what are you going to do?" I asked.

" It's time I let everyone know who I really am. I'm proud of both of my parents." She took off her hood revealing her wolf ears. Daring's eyes widened and I hugged her. She just made it possible for me to be with Daring!

I whispered, " Thank you", and she whispered back, " Go get him tiger!" I let out a small laugh and she ran back into the forest, as fast as she could.

Daring asked " Is that why she is so fast?"

" Yep." He smiled. The sun has died down, and it was time to head back to the campsite. 

AN: I made the story slightly longer to make up for my absence. Rosabella and Daring's relationship seems like it's heading off in the right direction for now. Will it stay that way? How will people react to cerise when they find out that her parents were the first true rebels? Will Apple seek revenge for the almost date of Rosabella and Daring? Find out next chapter! Please leave comments about which characters you like the most. Although this is a Darabella story, I do love incorporating some of the other amazing characters.