eight

"I CAN'T BELIEVE HE SAID THAT TO YOU!", " Anya said sipping at her tea

We were sat on the balcony of my dorm eating breakfast. In front of us was a large cluster of trees and a small garden blooming  with vibrant flowers growing all over, showing a hint of life to the grey industrial city.

"Yeah, well I'm busy trying not to think about it." I replied, reaching over to grab another croissant.

"I just don't understand why he would even try to insult your work.", Anya said, "it's plain disrespectful."

I nodded.

I sighed and turned my attention way from the buttery French delight in my hand and down to the street below. My eyes followed a small, black van which was pulling up into the drive of the house opposite. Soon a small man jumped out the front seat before heading straight to the boot and pulling out a hanger of dresses and taking them inside.

"That's so weird." I mumbled, " I've just got the worst deja vu ever."

Anya laughed, "from the dresses?"

"Yeah." I chucked, feeling my forehead crease in amusement.

"Well." Anya sipped her tea again, "weren't you releasing some dresses this time last year."

"Hmm? Oh the spring collection! Yes, yes I was." I agreed.

Anya nodded and we both watched the man come back out the house, go to the back of the van and pull out another rack of gorgeous, flowing dresses.

"Funny story actually." I said while watching the man, " them dresses were actually designed by my mum."

"Really?" Anya mused.

I let out a small laugh, "Yeah before she died mum did a collection with Camilla Alord.  It was never released though, I don't know why."

"Camilla Alord huh?" Anya said.

I smiled, " Yeah she always brought this little boy with her, I think his name was ,like, William or something. I can't really remember I was only little."

"That's so cute", Anya smiled.

• • •

" I'm fucking shattered." I sighed, rubbing my hands over my face in an attempt to wake myself up.

Today had already been a long day and it was only 1 O'clock. Sam was sat on my bed, across from where I laid on the flooor cackling away to Gavin and Stacey  on Netflix while I tried to concentrate on maths homework.