forty four

"GET ON THE PLANE NOW

"GET ON THE PLANE NOW." , I warned the previously joking edge to my voice had dissipated into the crisp morning air.

My hands rested on my hips as I scolded the two teens below me.

"one more." , Gio wined pleadingly as he lowered the phone.

Anya herself turned from where she was posing again the planes steps.

"Look how amazing the lighting is!" , Gio reasoned, "it would be sinful to not take golden time pictures right now."

"Sinful." , Anya echoed as she nodded solemnly at me.

Rolling my eyes, I pointed a finger threateningly at the two , " five more minutes."

"But Sylv-"

"That's it!" I said, "I want to get to London by tomorrow morning. Flying through the night is the best and most efficient way to make sure no time is lost for tomorrow's preparations. I only have two days before the show- "

"Woah woah woah."

Theo's silky voice melted the anxieties that were controlling my thoughts.

"You okey Sylv?"

I huffed, straightening up " just peachy."

"She's stressed as fuuuuuck." , Gio yelled.

"Gio!" I cried swivelling around to the grinning Italian, "I am not."

"Oh you totally are." , Anya scoffed, "Don't even deny it. You're a nervous , stressed wreck."

I opened my mouth to snap back but Theo interrupted.

"I think you need to sleep Sylv."

He reached out and took my hand in his , subtly trying to guide my back inside the jet.

"Maybe." I mumbled , suddenly feeling a tidal-wave of exhaustion pass over me.

"Definitely." , Theo replied, now gently pulling me back inside the aircraft. Yawning I followed him numbly and over to one of the recliners. He let me crumble into one before buckling me up and covering me with a blanket.

"Need anything." He asked.

Lethargically, I muttered a no.

"Okey." He whispered before pattering over to the planes side door.

His scolding voice as he ordered the other two off the stairs was the last thing I heard before falling off into sleep.

• • •

I woke up as the plane started to land. Numbly rubbing my eyes, I blinked gaining focus.

Theo was in the chair next to me eyeing up the London skyline as we pulled into Heathrow.