thirty nine

THE NEXT FEW WEEKS WERE A BLUR, filled with school work, trips to Paris and multiple all nighters

Anything that could of possibly blossomed out of Theo and I , had died long ago. In fact , I hadn't seen him in weeks, although this face was constantly plastered across New York itself.

Along with his fiancée, of course.

Halloween was pulling up swiftly around the corner and the thought of costumes and parties had been driving Anya insane. This weekend, Gio was hosting the first one of the month, and Anya completely caught up in it.

"Cats?" She offered, before quickly shaking her head.

"They're so overdone." Elise stated.

Anya nodded, her hair bouncing back and forth. Sighing, she sat herself up on my bed.

We had decided to collect in my dorm, as usual, to discuss ideas.

"Are we going as a group?" I clarified.

"Definitely!"

"We have to." Elsie said, "it'ld be so cute!"

Pushing a lock of hair out of my face I pouted, flicking my pencil that was lazily grasped in my hand. 

"Mean girls?" Elise said, cautiously.

"No." , Anya tutted, "no way."

Elise huffed, dropping her head on my bed in defeat.

"Well, Gio's party is literally at the weekend." I reminded them, " I have what, four days now ? To design three costumes and have them made ? We gotta come up with an idea fast."

"Power puff girls?" Anya said, she had pulled a board up on her phone from Pinterest.

"Yes." I whispered, ideas already springing to mind, "that would be so fucking cute!"

"I could be blossom!" Elsie squealed, eyes lighting up as she giggled like a child.

"Which ones that?" Anya asked, "I want to be the green one."

"Blossoms the pink one, bubbles is the blue one and buttercup is the green one." I explained, grinning already in love with the concept.

"Oh my god Anya it would be so cute!" Elise gushed, " we would all have our own spin, and be in block colours! It would be so adorable and quirky!"

"Hmm." Anya pretended to think over the idea, "okey." She smiled.

Glancing down at the notepad, I looked at the three figures I had pre sketched. Quickly labelling them , I began to doodle on a design.

"We doing block colours?" I asked.

"Mm." Elise nodded, watching me.

"What about this?" I asked her, showing her the small sketch I did.

"A co-ords is sexy." She said glancing it over.

"You want a skirt bottom or like baggy trousers?"

"Mm, trousers?" She said, glancing over at Anya, "shall someone do trousers, someone a dress and someone a skirt?"

"That would be fun!" I replied, clumsily sketching out a rough design, "maybe like plaid - ooh and baby pink!"

"Yess!" Anya smiles.

I glanced up, happy they were seeing my vision.

"This'll be so fun to do." I sighed, moving onto Anyas skirt, "I haven't just made something for fun in a while. Maybe like a year or so."

"How come?"

"Too busy." I mumbled, "but now look at me, a line coming out next month, Halloween costumes by the weekend and potentially a wedding dress."

"Busy busy busy." I muttered.

"We'll see about the wedding dress." Elise breathed.

With a groan she pushed herself up off my bed and stood up, "do one of you want something to eat? I might see if I can order something from downstairs."

"Oooo!" Anya exclaimed, "are you going to postmate something? Because if so please tell me it's from Tokyo Days?"

Elsie snapped her fingers, "yes!"

"Ahh, okay so!" Anya clapped her hands, " can I have one of the everything bagels, with the chicken salad!"

"Everything bagel with the chicken salad , got it." Elise reiterated, "Sylv you want anything?"

"Mmm." I paused, chewing my pencil, "  can I have the big plate of California rolls."

"You and your love for sushi." Elise smiles, rolling her eyes.

I flashed her a grin.

"I won't be long." She smiled, picking up her room key and phone.

"Bye lovely!" I called after her as she closed the door.

"I'm so excited for that bagel now." Anya hummed, edging closer to me to have glance over my notebook.

I had finished up her skirt, a simple flared out design with a fitted bandeau top and matching bomber jacket.

"You're making the jacket?" Anya asked.

I shook my head, " no, I just know Elsie has this really cute, old bomber jacket that I'll steal.I might try to do a embroidery on the back."

"Gotcha." Anya said, "it's cute , I like it."

"It that going to be plaid?" She asked , running her finger over the skirt.

"Yeah." I explained, " since our outfits are all different colours they have to have one repeating factor so I thought maybe adding plaid would be cute. Plus, it's a nice opportunity to play around with it."

Anya nodded, "I'm sure it's all going to looks great."

Smiling, I looked down at my pad, and kept on scribbling.

• • •
Drafted : 20/11/19
Published : 20/11/19
Word count : 845
Edited : No