sixteen

NEW YORK WAS SURPRISINGLY QUIET, for a Thursday morning

NEW YORK WAS SURPRISINGLY QUIET, for a Thursday morning. After leaving the Gucci shop me and Anya decided to head over to get something to eat as it was almost 11 and we were starving.

"Oh wait let's go in here!" Anya said, turning to me and smiling.

We were wandering around the upper east side of Manhattan, a place notorious for the most luxurious shops, full of the most expensive items usually staring at $10,000 and up. Anya pointed to a small shop that I had never noticed before, nestled behind a large bush.

"Come on." She said, lifting her Birkin back up onto her shoulder and grabbing my hand.

We wandered over, Anya leading the way to the grey shop, which paint was chipping, before pushing the heavy door open with the ring of the bell. I followed after, liking smell of tea leafs that the shop had.

"It's a teashop!" Anya smiled at me, clapping her hands.

I nodded, feeling equally as enthusiastic and began looking over all the shelves that were stocked with loose teas.

"So much selection." I mumbled, picking up a box of loose black cherry tea, with vanilla and cherry flakes.

"We pride ourselves on it." A voice called from behind me.

I turned, box still in my hands to see a tall boy standing behind me, small grin on his face and glasses perched on his nose. He must of been only a year or two older than me, with choppy dark blonde hair and smiling blue eyes.

"Need any help?" He asked, giving me another small smile, "I'm Chance."

"Uh, no I'm ok thank you." I gave him a shy smile, "I'm Sylvia."

He nodded looking at me straight in the eye, making me blush slightly, "I'll be round the back if you need me."

"Thank you." I said, turning back around to a scowling Anya.

"I don't like him." She said bluntly, staring at the back of his head as he wandered back over to the counter where he must of came from.

"What?" I questioned, slightly confused.

She just shook her head sighing and crossed her arms, "you getting anything?"

"Uh no." I said, placing the tea back on the shelf, "let's go?"

"Yeah."

I turned back around looking over at Chance to see him give me a small wave before I stepped out, following after Anya.

• • •

"Could you even imagine?" I giggled, stabbing another one of my Californian rolls, "it would be amazing!"

Anya and I were at Tokyo days for lunch, the restaurant was quite seems though it was an unusual time for sushi.

"I know!" She squealed, "god I know."

I opened my mouth to reply only to be cut off by the obnoxious sound of my phone ringing. Shoving my hand in the coat pocket I quickly fished it out and looked over at the caller ID before answering.

"Hey doll."

"Hiya dad." I replied, taking a sip of my drink, "you alright?"

"Yeah yeah." My dads smooth Yorkshire accent came though the phone, " actually guess who called?"

"Who?" I asked, looking over at Anya who gave me a curious look.

"Maria Petchikova, you know that woman from that vogue magazine thing?"

"Maria Petchikova called you?" I echoed confused, "why?"

I saw Anya give out a silent squeal at the mention of her name and she clapped her hands excitedly.

"Something about her wanting to do a photo shoot with you and your brother for the front cover, a commemorative piece, for your mother."

"Really." I asked, looking over at Anya, "do you know when?"

"Uh, no." My dad said, chucking slightly, "you should call her or your brother - either or."

"I will do, thanks dad."

"Alrighty doll, I'll talk soon yeah? Actually also when you coming back home? House is all empty now, might have to start filling it with cats."

"Umm." I let out a small snort at the image of my burly, 6'2 dad being surrounded by kittens, "month? Maybe less honestly, I'll see."

"Ok doll, see you. Bye, love you."

"You too."

The second i put down the phone, Anya was asking questions.

"Oh my god was that about Vogue? Vogue! Ahhh vogue Sylvia! That's so exciting! You'll be on the front cover for sure!" She squealed.

"It so exciting! I've only been on once before." I grinned, "I've gotta text Mitch, if he doesn't know already he'll literally die."

"Wow." Anya rested her head in her hand and smiled off dreaming, "we are lucky."

I nodded, placing down my phone on the table.

"We are indeed."

• • •

Drafted : 08/05/19
Published : 09/05/19
Word count : 779
Edited : Yep