thirty three

IT WAS 7:30 WHEN MY ALARM WENT OFF

IT WAS 7:30 WHEN MY ALARM WENT OFF. Theo groaned from besides me, and nestled his head into my neck groggily mumbling 'turn it off'.

With my eyes still closed, I patted around on my bedside table until I finally hit the snooze button. Stifling a yawn, I turned over so my head was buried in Theo's chest.

"Good morning." He mumbled, pressing a kiss to the crown of my head, "did you sleep well?"

"Mm." I replied, "very well, you?"

"With you nestled under me? Perfect."

I smiled into his warm chest as felt him wrap an arm around me. Looking up at him, I saw him looking down at me a soft smile playing on his lips.

"Hi." I muttered, suddenly feeling embarrassed as a rosy flush covered my cheeks.

"Hey." He grinned, "you look pretty."

I scoffed, "as if." And signalled to my ratty hair and lack of makeup.

He rolled his eyes and tutted at me, "your still beautiful Sylv."

Shooting him a bashful smile, I pulled back from his comfortable embrace and grabbed my phone before the alarm went off again. Propping myself up, I checked my emails as Theo reached for his, pulling it off charge.

"Shit." He lowly muttered and I glanced over to see his phone bombarded with worried messages from Erin.

A gnawing feeling of guilt fell over me as I watched Theo begin to reply to her, reassuring his fiancée he was ok. Sending my gaze to the floor, I got up and walked over to my bathroom closing the door.

Taking a deep sigh, I splashed my face with water. What was I doing ? He has a fiancée and here I was cuddling up to him in bed. Drumming my fingers on the sink, I grabbed my Glossier face wash and lathered some on my face before following up with my skincare routine.

"Sylvia?" Theo knocked on the door, his deep New York accent sending my knees weak, "can I come in?"

"Yeah." I weakly replied.

I watched through the mirror as the white door  opened and Theo's 6'2 frame walked into my bathroom. He shot me a lazy smile and came to stand next to me before reaching under the sink to grab a toothbrush.

My eyes followed him in silence as he began to brush his teeth, my mind anxiously ticking away. Deciding I needed to get ready, I pulled out my makeup bag.

Theo watched as I attempted to push myself onto my countertop. Sighing in defeat at my lack of strength and the height of the marble tops I was about to give up until two warm hands made their way to my waist.

My heart fluttered as Theo picked me up and placed me on the counter with ease. Biting my lip, I quietly thanked him and pulled out my moisturiser.

He smiled, ruffling my hair "I'm going to go back to my dorm to get changed, I'll walk you to breakfast ?"

I nodded, shooting him a stiff smile, "that would be lovely."

Grinning, Theo took my hand giving it a tight squeeze before walking back out of my bathroom. A few moments later I heard the door slam and I instantly let out a shaky breath.

"Oh my god , oh my god , oh my god." I muttered as I filled in the tail of my brow, "que suis-je en train de faire?"

{what am I doing?}

"Ugh!" I let out a frustrated sigh, as I fixed the tip of my brow with concealer, "tu vas devoir lui parler Sylvia."

{you're going to have to talk to him}

" Vous devez" I mumbled in my mother tongue, "au moins pour obtenir un peu de clarté."

{you have to .... at least to get some clarity}

Taking another shaky breath, I finished up my makeup in silence.

• • •

Drafted : 14/08/19
Published : 15/08/19
Word count : 655
Edited : No