thirteen

AFTER ESCAPING FROM THE COSINESS OF THE DINER, only by promising Linda and her husband Nick to return soon again,  I found myself  back in the front passenger seat of Theo's car

AFTER ESCAPING FROM THE COSINESS OF THE DINER, only by promising Linda and her husband Nick to return soon again,  I found myself  back in the front passenger seat of Theo's car. It was around 7 o'clock now, meaning Theo and I had spent a un godly 4 hours together talking and getting to know eachother.

I think we're both surprised no one is dead.

Yet.

The sky was beginning to darken and the harshness of the November weather became more prominent then ever by the cold breeze  that never really left.

I yawned, feeling slightly sleepy from the warmth of Theo's car and the meal I had earlier.

"Tired?" Theo commented, glancing at me in the rear view mirror.

"Yeah." I nodded, stifling another yawn.

"We should probably get back to campus then." Theo said and we turned a corner, taking us out of the suburbs and into New York traffic, "might take a while however."

"Mm" i nuzzled into leather seat.

My eyes opened when I felt a soft material being placed over me, I looked down to see a blanket covering me and a stone cold look on Theo's face.

"Thank you." i smiled lazily at him.

"It's fine, I keep one back there for when i have the dog."

"Dog?" I questioned, "I like dogs."

"Yeah? Well, my little brother wanted a puppy real bad and eventually after like two years of him begging my mum gave in and got him a little golden retriever."

"That's so sweet" I mumbled, "tell me more."

And so Theo did, launching into the story about how it was a girl dog  named Lola, who apparently everyone thought was a overweight boy until Lola had puppies . I listened to his talk, amused and soon found myself falling asleep to the deep vibrations of his voice and the warmth of the car.

• • •

"Sylvia! Sylvia!"

"Who?" I simply mumbled and rolled over.

"Sylvia, I swear t- oh fuck it"

I squealed as a icy cold, wet liquid was thrown over me. Opening my eyes I looked up at a bemused Theo holding a empty water bottle.

"Hi." he said, giving a small wave.

"What was that even for?" I moaned, running a hand through my now scraggly wet hair.

He shrugged "you wouldn't wake up."

"And you decided that the one way to get me up was to throw ice fucking water over me?" I spat back annoyed.

Theo shrugged again and I huffed, picking up my school bag that was in the foot weld of the car. I unclipped my seatbelt and lifted the blanket that was covering me off, stepping out the car.

"What do you want me to do with this?" I asked, holding the soft gray blanket up that was slightly damp at the corners.

Theo looked up at it, "you can keep it if you want."

I quirked my brow, "you sure? Don't you need it for your dog?"

He waved his hand, "I have plenty more,Lola won't miss it."

I smiled slightly and bundled it up in my arms, "thanks Theo."

"It's okay." He said, smoothing out the syllables in his deep accent. "Plus you look like you wanted it more than me by the way you slept with it."

"Watch it Floyd." I teased.

Together we started walking towards the dormitories in a comfortable silence, thinking over the evening.

"What floor are you on?" Theo asked when we reached the elevator.

"Fifth." I replied, "but I think I'm going to see Anya so I need the seventh.."

Theo nodded and pressed the button, "I'm on her floor."

"Thank you for tonight." I blurted out, surprising both of us. "It was really enjoyable and I loved meeting Linda and Nick."

"They really liked you." Theo replied, rubbing the back of his neck.

"They're really sweet people." I commented, thinking back to Linda and her bubbly personality in comparison to Nicks.

"I am glad you had fun though" Theo added, "I didn't want it to be awkward or .. mechanical?"

I laughed, "mechanical?"

"Yeah." Theo grimaced, "not the best choice of words but you know what I mean."

"Mhmm I do."

The elevator pinged signalling it was on our floor and together we stepped out. I ran my hand threw my hair a few times in an attempt to get rid of some of the half dried nots as we neared Anyas dorm.

"I'll see you soon then" I said as I stopped outside of her door.

"Should do." Theo said, shoving his hands in the pockets of his ripped jeans and looking down at me.

I gave him a small smile and turned my key I had for Anyas dorm in the lock, letting myself in.

Closing the door I sighed and sunk down to the floor, smiling softly as I unlocked my phone and clicked on the photos app. I swiped across to see a picture of me, Theo, Linda and Nick. Linda and I had massive smiles on my face looking straight at the screen where as form besides me, Theo was smiling softly down at me through thick lashes.

I shut off my phone, scolding myself for the fluttery feeling I got in my stomach and got up to find Anya, pushing any thoughts of Theo to the very back of my mind.

• • •

Drafted : 18/04/19
Published : 19/04/19
Word count : 994
Edited : No

Hiya, kinda late to say this but ....

oh my god thank you so much for 1K reads !!!

It's s insane and I'm so happy & grateful. I never even imagined it being read 10 times let alone 1000 it's crazy to me.

Thank you for all the support,

Georgia x