thirty six

TEXTILES WAS THE LAST LESSON OF THE DAY

"Alright people , we've got ten minutes left or the lesson. I want all scraps of fabric , loose needles and thread packed away safely before anyone can leave." Miss Archer, announced from the front of the classroom.

"Anya and Sylvia!", she called, "can you girls pack away any fabric paints and dyes into the supply room for me?"

Smiling, I instantly made eye contact with Anya from across the room, who merrily handed her loose fabric scraps to the closest girl to her before bounding over.

Miss Archer, quickly gave us the keys and warned us to take no longer then five minutes before scuttling off to order someone else about.

Picking up the box of fabric paints, I pushed the door classroom door open and we made our way to the supply closet.

"So." Anya started, "Elsie messaged me saying her and Eli got into a big fight this morning."

I gasped, " I was there!"

"What?" Anya cried, turning to me, "and you're only just telling me this now?!"

"Oh my god Anya, it was messy." I said shaking my head as we turned the corridor, "it was bad."

"What happened?"

I sighed, recalling the morning, "Eli said that Elise would be nowhere without their dads money and basically told her the only reason she's a model is because of their dads influence."

"Really?" Anya asked.

"Yeah." I nodded, "all because Elsie said that Eli has no social life and is boring."

"Ooof." Anya cringed, "that's pretty rough on both sides, especially for them."

"Yeah." I echoed, recognising the white door of the supply cupboard, "I was literally say there like 'I have no idea what to do'."

Anya laughed , as she unlocked the door, "I can literally imagine you sat there so awkwardly as they argued around you."

"Yeah." I giggled, placing the tub on the correct shelf.

Anya closed the door behind me and we made our way back down the corridor, to textiles.

"That was close girls." Miss Archer stated, tapping her watch, "just under five minutes."

I nodded and Anya mumbled a low apology.

"Go on, go pack up then." The teacher said, shooing us away.

Giving Anya a subtle 'what is her problem look', I walked back over to where my bag was, quickly pulling my jacket on and shoving my notes in my bag.

The sound of the bell, silenced the room all of us waiting to be dismissed, which came with a small flick of Miss Archers hand.

Delighted that it was the end of the day, me and Anya made our way out of the classroom, Anya talking animatedly about her new designs. Trying to follow on, I glanced down at the ground, thinking I saw my shoe lace was untied only to smack straight into someone's warm chest.

• • •
Drafted : 14/09/19
Published : 14/09/19
Work count : 608
Edited : Yes

I'm so sorry this took so long lol , school just started back up again  and I've been really busy with school work and then my job. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this even though it's a small chapter.

Have a good day / night !!

Georgia x