twenty two

IT WAS AROUND 12:30 WHEN ANYA CAME, to pick me up

IT WAS AROUND 12:30 WHEN ANYA CAME, to pick me up. I had sat down on the curb of the street after finally realising that Theo had left me, with no intention of coming back.

Anger pulsed through my veins as Linda had given  me a sympathetic smile when I finally walked over to her asking if she had knew where the curly haired boy had run off to.

Too hurt for my own good, and with no money on me I called Anya, who fortunately picked up right away. Seeing Anyas black SUV pulling  into the car park, I grabbed my bag and began walking over. My long strides were quick and purposeful as I walked over to the passages side door and hauled myself into the car.

Sighing I dropped my bag, relaxing back into the soft leather chair.

Anya turned towards me, "Sylvia, what happened?"

I rolled my eyes, pressing my lips together to a firm line as I looked over at her.

"He ditched me." I said coldly.

"Ditched you?" Anya echoed, "what do you mean ditched you?"

"He got up Anya, said he was paying and never came back." I bluntly responded, feeling an annoyingly large about of tears begin to rise, "I mean how pathetic is that? Stupid, stupid fucking boy."

Anya, rubbed my arm and gave me a small smile, knowing it was best to leave me be right now, "let's just get you back to the dorm."

I nodded, leaning back into the seat as she turned her key and pulled out of the car park. Leaning down, I pulled out a small pair for Quay sunglasses from my clutch and slid them onto my nose.

The rest of the car journey was full of my brooding silence and Anya sympathetic smiles.
I scowled as we pulled into the school gates, noticing Theo's sleek black car parked by the boys dormitory.

Anya followed my murderous gaze and let out a nervous laugh, "Sylvia, what're you  thinking ?"

I turned to her, pushing down my sunglasses to show my eyes bright and full of mischief, "Anya do you have any food colouring?"

• • •

I smiled all the way back up to my dorm room as Anya gave me an irritated look.

"You're mean." She huffed at me as I opened the door to my room.

I waved a hand at her comment, "please, I'm hardly mean."

"You know it might dye his car right?" She but back.

I grinned again, "it's only some green food  colouring Anya, worst comes to worst it will just need a good scrub, plus how often is he going to use his windscreen wiper fluid?"

She gave me one more final look before patting the space next to her on my bed, "are you still annoyed at him?"

I sighed, "he abandoned me in the middle of nowhere, out of the blue, at a place I didn't really know." I said. "I think I have a right to be."

She nodded, "fair enough, what're you going to do? Are you gonna go find him?"

I shook my head, "no. Not today at least."

Unlocking my phone I glanced through my unread text messages, scanning them over briefly.

"Oh, Micks texted me." I mumbled to Anya.

"What's he saying?" She said, scrolling through her Instagram feed.

"Umm." I scanned the messages and felt a wave of panic fish over me.

"oh fuck." I whispered.

"What? What is it?" Anya asked, concerned and I showed her the message to read.

"Oh shit." She said lowly, "what does that even mean? Wasn't that chiffon and tulle a big part of your next collection?"

"Yep." I mumbled, replying to him and then grabbing my MacBook from beside my bedside table and pulling open my emails.

I ran my hand through my hair and checked through to see if I had any new emails from the head of my French headquarters.

Seeing an unopened one I quickly clicked on it, Anya peering over at it from next to me.

"Dear Miss Bussit, we are disappointed to be telling you that the red chiffon and tulle you have requested has been damaged during delivery." I mumbled off, "it seems they have been stained somehow..."

"How is what possible?" Anya asked.

I shook my head, "I have no idea. I haven't changed suppliers and I doubt we have had any staff changes, so I don't know how it could of been stained like how they claim it had been.."

Letting out a long sigh I went back to my phone, messaging my pilot asking when he could next fly. He answered almost immediately, satisfyingly me with his answer.

"So Anya, how'd you feel like going to Paris tomorrow?"

• • •

Drafted : 13/06/19
Published : 13/06/19
Word count : 797
Edited : No