forty two

" WELL AREN'T YOU SEXY

" WELL AREN'T YOU SEXY." , Elsie commented as I showed her my outfit.

"Says you." I winked before laughing.

We were getting ready for Gio's party and the pre drinks had began to kick in. Walking back over to my mirror I continued with my makeup. Taking a royal blue eyeshadow from a Pat McGrath pallet I packed it onto my lids.

I lazily half blended - half smudged it out , before dragging it under my eye. Deciding it looked okay , I returned to my skin and began packing on the bronzer.

Besides me , Anya was creating lime green eyeliner to match her outfit. Jumex was playing in the background and I watched from the mirror as Elsie began to jump around with the song.

"Having fun Els?" , Anya asked.

"Fuck yeah !" She replied , looking over to us.

She gave us a ditzy smile before taking another long sip of the vodka red bull that she had been nursing in her hand for the past 20 minutes.

"Are you nearly done?" She huffed, pouting slightly , "I wanna go!"

Anya rolled her eyes in the mirror , before ruffling up her fro, "I am."

Expectingly she turned to me. Subtly I placed down the false lashes I was about to apply , "me too then."

"Yay!" Elsie clapped in delight, "let's go , let's go , let's go!"

"Oh wait Els-" Anya started up , but the leggy girl just grabbed her by the arm and began to drag her out of the bathroom.

Giggling , I gave myself one last glance over in the mirror , straightened my dress and followed my two friends out. Quickly I grabbed my bag and slid on the clear Stuart Weitzman heels I had planned to wear.

Elsie was helping Anya lace up her pink heels in an attempt to hurry her up.

"How're we getting there again?" Anya asked , sitting up from the end of my bed and grabbing her small purse.

"I've got a driver ready." , Elsie replied before downing the last of her drink.

Licking her lips clean from the alcohol, she sent us a smirk , "ready ladies ?"

• • •

When I say Gio know how to throw a wild party , I mean Gio know how to throw a wild party. Thanking Elsies driver , we all slid out of the car and onto the doorstep of Gio's magnificent stately home.

Spooky decorations littered the front of the house , with fake spider webs dangling from the porch front. Creepy music was playing from a hidden speaker , only just surviving over the dull thump of house music.

As we approched the front door , it was swung open in our faces with a random drunken senior tumbling out , supported by a friend. Bright disco lighting glared from behind him as he unwillingly made his way down the porch steps.