First Day at Maynard

It was the evening before my first day in high school. I was so excited to start, but at the same time, worried about how people would perceive me. I also was worried about Dion. I hadn’t talked to him since I saw him at the mall yesterday. That mental image in my head of him having his arm around another dude really scared me. I mean… is Dion bi? Gay?

I don’t want to draw to conclusions because I don’t know what is going on. I was going to see Dion tomorrow anyways, so eventually I would find out. Dion was like my bro. We always helped each other out and had each other’s backs but I hated when this Nigga kept to his self and became so damn shady.

After dinner, I went through my closet to see what I wanted to wear for the first day. I decided to wear my purple and pink Lunarglide Nikes with this pink and purple tank top and khaki cargo shorts. For the first day, you know I have to stunt!

This girl on my AAU team that goes to Maynard that’s a sophomore was telling me there were so many girls that have went to the other side. She said she turned out about 5 girls already and she couldn’t wait for the ‘fresh meat’ this year. The way she was talking, she sounded like some K-9 sniffing out for some coke or some blood thirsty vampire haha. That was good news for me though, plenty of girls.

I texted Desiree going on 10 that night and never got a response from her. I just texted her “How you been?” Guess she said she didn’t have time for all the rules and shit. Can’t blame her either.

I woke up around 7:02 that morning since school started at 8:25. I was yawning like crazy, I could hardly stay up. I wasn’t used to getting up this early, but I’ll just have to get back into the routine. I played some music to wake myself up. Windows Media Player decided to pick We Dem Boyz by Wiz Khalifa. I was kind of getting tired of that song though; It didn’t seem like Wiz to me, but it was still cool to jam to.

I walked out of the bathroom after taking my shower screaming out “WE DEM BOYZZZZ!” when my mom turned her head to the right out of her room as she was walking out and said,

“Shay, you not no boy!”

I stopped and replayed what she just said in my head. I hate when my mom makes dumbass comments like this.

“No ma, it’s a song.”

“Song, beat, rhythm and blues, I don’t care Shay, you ain’t no boy!”

“WHO SAID I WAS?! Damn, ma.”

Just when I realized what had came out of my mouth, my mom dashed over to me and punched me in my right jaw twice with two uppercuts from my view.

“Don’t you dare curse at me. I’m not one of your lil’ friends out there in the streets. This is God’s house and you respect it! You children think you are SO grown! You understand me Shaylinda?”

“Yeah.”

  I gave her a serious and stern look like I wanted to fight her back. I can’t even get in a good mood and mind my own business in the morning thanks to Cruella Deville messing up your mood. Bitch.