Sauce

The next morning I woke up and decided to wear a yellow, white and black striped flannel with khaki pants and my yellow white black and red Jordan Spizikes to off set my fit. I had my hair in a straight ponytail. I know my mom was definitely going to stay something about my outfit, but oh well shit.

I went in her room to get some olive oil for my hair in the bathroom.

"Hey ma, do you have my physical?"

"Oh yeah, check the filing cabinet over there under 'Shaylinda'" she pointed to the one in between the TV and the bathroom. "What you need it for?"

I shuffled in the folder and found it next to my old ass 2nd grade report card. "Basketball, try outs are this week."

"Oh OK. Shay, to me it seems like you get worse and worse. Do you want to be a boy?"

I just ignored my mom and walked out the room. I didn't have time to get into my feelings, and explain myself to her. Least not right now, I was in a good mood.

I placed the physical in my backpack and put my sponge Bob around my shoulders to get ready to head out.

"Good morning babe 😁" I texted to Chasity.

My mom was finally ready to dip and I grabbed my house keys to get ready to leave. While getting in the passengers seat, my mom just sat there. I closed the door and for a few moments, it remained the same.

"Ma, you all right?!"

"I just don't understand it Shay. Remember when I used to dress you up so pretty? And you used to like that!"

"... Yeah, when I was like 3 or 4 and I didn't know any better, really? Ma, I've always been like this, and you know that. Its just something you're going to have to accept."

"Why would I accept the devils lives? No. I'm not going to do that. Its all right baby you just have to believe that God will heal you from this. In Jesus name, amen."

I rolled my eyes as Chasity texted me back, "Morning boo. You here yet?"

"Nah, I'm on my way now. My mom though... Smh."

"Shay, are you listening to me?" My mom said as she got my attention back into her conversation.

"Huh?"

"I don't want you playing basketball anymore. I feel like that has a bad influence on you."

Are you fucking kidding me right now?

"You're just in denial, ma. Let's just go. I'm not going to stop playing basketball."

"She started the engine and we were on the way to Maynard. At the stop sign. She looked to her left and said, "Have you ever had a boyfriend? I mean this is probably just a phase for you."

"My own mother doesn't even know me. Look, it took me a lot of guts for me to tell you that I'm gay, as much as you say gay people need to go on an island, and they're going to hell, AND all of this crap that it's its wrong. Don't you think I would have tried boys by now if I was confused?"

"Well, I mean you're only 14. Give yourself a few years."

"Nah but I need to give you a few years for you to wrap it around your head." I said while slamming the door shut and entering the school.

Fuck that bull shit my mom was talking about, that she really made me feel sick. I was tired of feeling like something was wrong with me. I'm just going to start walking to school again so she can have her space and not have to deal with her dike daughter.

I walked into the school and shaked Jazz as he was being dropped off by what looked like his dad.

"What's up, 'feeling better'?" I said to him sarcastically since this nigga left school early yesterday. Faking sick ass.

"Hah don't start. But I did enjoy watching Maury. What I miss in math though?"

"Oh we had a worksheet she had us do that's due today, but I guess you'll get it when we go there. IMA do it at lunch."

"True. Bet."

We walked passed the curriculum office and turns the corner to he hallway our class was on.

"So me and Chasity go out now."

"Aha! Forreal?! Damn how u pulled that off? She was acting shy before."

"I mean, I just asked her. She said yes."

I told him before opening the door to Charles' class. I saw Chastity sitting at a desk towards the back, where she normally sits.

Looking beautiful like always, she had on something simple today. A plain fitted black blouse with Levi multi washed jeans and black vans to match. Her hair was free flowing with curls.

She stood up as I went over and gave her an impressionable hug, as a lot of people turned heads 'cuz they was noisy as hell. The desk to the left of her was open and I flopped in as we sat down.

"What happened with ur mom?"

"She's so extra about me being gay ever since I came out to her. Mad religious..."

"Oh... Yeah that sucks. My people don't know yet. I don't know really how'd they actually feel about it either."

Kendall jumped into the conversation, "So Chasity, you gay now?" She looked at her with a weirded out face.

"And what if I was? What that got to do with you? Nothing."

"So I'm gonna take that as a yes... Well damn, things change QUICK! Y'all going out? Like how does that even work like two girls together?"

I just sat there listening to them argue as I was telling Jazz the last answer to the questions that were due in two minutes.

"Just like anybody else in a relationship?" She turned her head to me with a look like the fuck? After she answered her question.

"But I'm saying like is that even natural?" I'm getting mad annoyed by this girl.

"But is that hair even natural?" 😂 I responded as the class started to laugh and OOOO cuz they knew it was true. That's what her ass get.