Complacent.

When I got home from school, my mom was still in her bitch ass mood. However, she did calm down some.

“How was school Shay?”

“It was all right, met a few cool people. Everybody was complimenting my outfit and shoes too.”

“Well, get onto doing your homework. I know they gave you some since your in high school now.”

“I actually already did it, I only had one assignment.” I said to her as I headed in the direction towards my room. I went in and closed the door when I saw my phone lit up. Desiree was calling me. When was the last time I heard from her again? Hah.

I answered the phone and said, “Hello?” Wondering what Desiree had to say to me.

“Hey Boo, how you been?”

“I’ve been all right, kind of been missing you…”

“Aww.. me too. Look I’m sorry I didn’t respond back to you. I was just a little upset… but I got over it. Wanna know what i'm doing right now baby?” Desiree’s voice changed to this sexy seductive voice and I already knew she was probably playing with her pussy and wet as fuck.

*BAM BAM BAM* “SHAYLINDA, I NEED TO TALK TO YOU.”

“Aw shit… hey babe my mom is calling me. Can I call you right back?”

“Don’t have me waiting here too long boo…” She exhaled and moaned on the phone before she hung up.

I had the shivers down my spine after hearing her sexy ass voice. Kind of made me forget about my mom for a second, too. I took a few deep breaths and then answered the door to see my mom have a very concerned look on her face.

“Shay, we need to talk.”

“…. Whats up ma?”  I was honestly scared. What did I do now?! I came home on time and everything!

“Come in my room and lets sit down.”

Oh hell naw. I knew these were going to be either one of her save a dike, are you gay lectures about to happen, or either something serious is really going on.

I sat down in her recliner as she took a seat at the edge of her queen sized bed next to her dresser.

“Now Shay, I don’t want you beating around the bush with me. I’m going to ask you this one time, and I want you to give me an honest answer, okay? Promise me baby.”

I couldn’t honestly even respond to her… I was so nervous at this point. I was tired of being yelled at for stupid shit, and now I didn’t know what the hell was about to come flying out of her mouth. I had a feeling though that it had to do with my orientation. I just starred at her.

“Shaylinda, answer me, please.”

“…. What did I do now ma?”

“Nothing. Nothing at all baby.”

“Ok.”

“Okay…” My mom took a deep sigh as she asked me, “Be honest now. Do you like girls Shaylinda?”

I was so fucking scared. I could feel my heart pounding like crazy. I really wasn’t ready to go to one of those counseling sessions where something like the exorcist would happen to get the gay spirit out of me. And I definitely wasn’t ready to be kicked out of my mom’s house. I was just really really nervous at this point. So I told her,

“I don’t like anybody.”

“Shay…. Are you a lesbian is what I’m asking you.”

“Why would you ask me that?!”  I asked her, trying to play everything off.