We Miss You Shay! (Pt. 1)

“Move the fuck out my way punk!” a chuckle left this fool’s mouth as my palms fell down on the floor from his push. He started to make a grin looking back in my direction, but then his smirk quickly changed after looking at me for a moment.

“Oh shit! My bad, I thought you was a dude.” He said offering his hand over to me.

I just plopped myself up and walked away from him, ignoring his weak ass apology I heard from his tone. I wasn’t in the mood, and I wanted to kick this tall ass Nigga in his dick, but I wasn’t going to risk getting in any more trouble for the week.

“Hol’ up! Shit Nigga I’m tryna apologize to you.”

“Man, WHAT?!”

“Shit, my bad I always mess round with the new kids coming through Excel.  I should’ve starred harder and saw ya titties there even though they so little.

“Bruh just get out my face, yeah…

I wasn’t here to make no damn friends. It basically was like I was doing my time and trying to get up out of here Friday.

“This is bullshit already…” I sent out as a group message I started with Chasity, Renee, Jazz, Dion, and Naomi, you know the crew.

Renee: :( Hang in there Shay! Miss you!

Chasity: Aww Baby… Least you didn’t get expelled.

Jazz: Just heard what happened. That is bullshit… fuck Nelson foreign ass.

I walked across to the main office to see where I was supposed to be reporting to, asking the black woman in front of the windows computer, watching the news on the analog TV across from her desk on the high bookshelf in the corner.

“Excuse me.”

“…Huh.” As she looked towards me standing in front of her desk.

“Yeah, uh…  My name is Shay Jackson. I’m supposed to be here for the rest of the week from Maynard, but I don’t know where I’m suppose to report.”

“…Okay, sorry, what ya say baby? I was listening ta what this woman was saying about Bill Cosby. You know, them white women, all they tryna do is get money from this man. See, they tryna do it now ‘cuz since  he goin’ blind in his eye, they think he goin’ stupid and tryna get money from his ass. HAA! I don’ believe nun they got ta say. Why they wait this long to say nothing?”

I just laughed at what this woman was saying because it was true.

She ended her comical laugh and said, “What was your name again baby?”

“Shay Jackson.”

She ended up finding my file and knew exactly where I was suppose to go. Excel High School was the alternative school I was going to for the rest of the week. Usually they’ll only take kids that have been expelled from their schools for at least a semester. But in my case, she got special notes on what to do from my principal.

“Allright Shaylinda, so basically you got some assigned work to get done for the rest of the week. For right now, you’ll be in tha library doing ya work. Then when the third bell rings, you’re going to be going to gym, and on the fourth bell you’ll be going to Spanish. So let me go ahead and just write out your schedule so you’ll know where to go. You can’t get lost in this school, so don’t worry.”

This was going to be a boring ass week.

Renee