Chapter 5 - Sang

"Oh, I'm so sorry, dear," Erica rushes out, no doubt feeling pity for me. Pity I don't need nor want. My life sucks; I know that, but I don't need everyone else to know that, too. Besides, I don't need her to dwell on my bleak life; I wouldn't want her kind, bright heart to dull.

I'm quick to reassure her, shaking my head with a small smile. She returns it thoughtfully, and I catch something in her eyes--eyes that are eerily similar to Kota's. It isn't quite pity, though that lingers in there too. It's more like... understanding? But that couldn't be. There's no way she'd ever understand what I've gone through... what I'm going through. And I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Not my worst enemy, and certainly not someone as nice as Erica. I can see where Kota gets his hospitality from.

She's very pretty, looking to be in her late forties. Her brown hair is tied into a bun at the back of her head, and there are soft wrinkles around her eyes. She's almost my height, but not quite as short.

She clears her throat, eyes snapping over to a young girl that is the spitting image of her, except shorter with lighter hair pulled up into a pony tail at the back of her head. She's wearing a placid expression, hid behind pink rimmed glasses. She nods at me shyly. "This is my daughter and Dakota's sister, Jessica," Erica introduces the young girl, pointing a finger at her.

I wave at her, just as bashful in this moment as her. She waves back. It's then that I realize the person Erica was referring to was her son, Kota. It shocks me for a moment, but I decide I like the way he shortened the title.

"Have a seat," Erica says, motioning to the chair between Kota and Victor. Their conversation between themselves had been quiet, their eyes never leaving mine. I worried if I had something on my face. I casually reach my hand to my nose, rubbing it briefly. This doesn't go unnoticed by the boys, both chuckling at my movements. I blush, embarrassed they'd caught me.

With the crimson still stained on my cheeks, I slowly sink into my seat between the two gorgeous boys, feeling like there's electricity sparking between the three of us, starting from me. It must just be in my imagination.

When I'd met Victor--well, when I was tackled by Victor--I was shocked at the sound of his voice. There was something striking in it. It was smooth, the baritone sounding like a familiar singer, but I couldn't quite remember the name. But what really had me nearly running around in circles were his eyes. I'd heard the term "fire eyes" before, but I never expected to meet someone with such a glint in their eyes.

They seemed to spark when they caught sight of me, igniting in a smouldering flame. The fire in his irises just heating my body up with their heated gaze. He definitely has the most beautiful and unique eyes I've ever seen. I could look at them all day.

His body is slighter than Kota's, and his hair is a softer brown, reaching to the nape of his neck in gentle waves, brushed back away from his eyes. At his neck hangs a silver chain with a round silver medallion with some symbol I can't recognize. His face is angular, his hips slimmer than Kota's, his fingers long and lean. The fingers of a musician. I'd say it's likely the piano.

I can't help but feel selfconsious right now. I'm wearing the same outfit as yesterday, with my hair twisted back into a clip. But this time, in an attempt to look more presentable, I kept some hairs down to frame my face. I definitely feel out of place compared to the rest of them. Especially Victor, wearing a crisp white long-sleeved shirt, the top button undone to reveal the start of his collarbone, legs clad in neat black slacks. He obviously isn't struggling when it comes to money, but he doesn't seem arrogant or entitled. In fact, he seems humble and gracious. I can see why him and Kota are friends.

Kota reaches for the bowl of scrambled eggs, scooping a large spoonful on to my plate. Victor takes the liberty of dropping a couple slices of bacon next to the eggs Kota has just layed down. The whole thing put together is almost too much food. I'm not normally fed or allowed to eat very often, so I'm not used to seeing so much food on a plate that is my own. It almost makes me nervous just looking at it. I hope they don't expect me to eat it all.