Chapter 32 - Sang

Luke sets my things down on my desk, blowing out a dramatic sigh.

"Shit, the kids in this school are heathens."

I giggle and smile at Gabriel and Kota as I see them step through the door, waving at their fancy-suited figures. Compared to everyone else in this school, my guys are dressed like millionaires. They're all wearing expensive name brands and looking devilishly handsome while doing so. I was a little selfconsious of my outfit after showing up to the school, realizing Marie was right when it came to her outfit choice.

Most of the guys in this school--besides what I've been told are the 'jocks', who wear Letterman jackets and jeans--wear baggy clothes, leaning more on the comfortable side. Some girls are dressed the same, some wear regular t-shirts and jeans, and some wear next-to-nothing at all. I mean really, why wear shorts if practically your entire butt is hanging out, anyway? What's the point?

Kota and Gabe smile and wave back as they take their seats, Kota on my right, Gabe in front of me, and Luke behind me.

"Hey, Trouble! Did I tell you that I actually fucking love your hair today? The bow is adorable," Gabe compliments, drawing a blush from me.

"Yeah, you look really pretty today. I mean, you always look pretty, but somehow even more today," Kota rambles shyly.

"Gorgeous, cupcake. Gorgeous," Luke winks.

"Thank you," I sign to them, my flush spreading.

The bell then rings and the teacher walks in--a nice-looking lady with brown hair and kind eyes. "Hello, class!" she greets enthusiastically. "I'm Ms. Johnson, and this is AP English. If your schedule doesn't match up with my name or the course is different, please leave now and go to the office to fix your schedule." No one leaves, so she continues, calling out attendance.

When she finally gets to my name, I raise my hand just as Kota says, "Here."

She looks up from her clipboard and at us curiously, an eyebrow raised. But the kindness in her eyes never falters. "Wait, which one is Sang?" Kota and I both point to myself and I smile shyly, prepared to answer her question with my notebook. "Sick?" I shake my head no, ready to answer the follow-up question that usually comes right after the previous: What's wrong with your voice? But she doesn't ask it, and I have to wonder why. Maybe she thinks I'm mute, or something, and is kind enough not to degrade me in front of the whole class. I like her; she reminds me of Erica.

"So, today is mostly just going to be going over the syllab--" She's cut off by a round of groans from most of the students in the room, making her roll her eyes. "Yes, yes, I know. You've heard it a thousand times and will continue hearing it in most of your classes today, but how do you think I feel? Having to do this each year for all of my classes for nearly fifteen years? So stop your adolescent whining and grow up." Okay, I really like her. "Now, as I was saying--before I was so rudely interrupted--we'll be going over the syllabus.

"Then I'll give you your first assignment, and I don't want to hear complaints. This is a college-level class, in which you signed up for, so don't take out your aggravation on me." And, much like the last class, she begins to go over the syllabus for about half the class.

Luke plays with my hair. I obviously can't see what he's doing, but I can feel him twisting it and braiding it, being very gentle. It's actually really nice; it kind of reminds me of when Gabe washed my hair at our first sleepover. Yeah, I definitely locked that away in my memory vault.

Suddenly, another note sits before me--no name is on it. Regardless, I still pick it up and unfold it, reading:

Hey gurlly when ur new boyfriends decide their bored with u give me a call.