Chapter 17 - Luke and Gabe

Luke

"So, why is Sang's hair wet? And why in the hell is she wearing your clothes?" I ask, needing to know the answer. I'm not going to lie and pretend like I'm not even the least bit jealous, because I am... way too jealous, if you ask me. She may've looked gorgeous all wet and in a guy's clothes. But they weren't my clothes, and I have a feeling they never will be. Not with Nate and Kota and Gabriel, or any of my other brothers, around. I'd never stand a chance at her heart with them all wanting it just the same.

Nate turns to me with a grin, appearing slightly dazed when he says, "We went swimming."

Victor's eyes spark as his brows raise. "That's it? That's all you have to say? 'We went swimming.' What in the hell kind of explanation is that?" His usually soothing voice is slightly rigid, seeming almost irritated at Nathan.

"Yup," the redhead, who's not at all phased by the situation, shrugs, grin not having disappeared from his face.

"Lucky bastard," I mumble. I assume no one hears me until I hear Kota grumble under his breath and see Nathan smirk across the room.

"I'd say the real lucky one in this situation is Garbiel. He's the one that gets to play with Sang's hair in the other room," Kota says. Nathan's smirk falls as he slumps slightly, the rest, including myself, following suit.

"You're right," I reply, "I wonder what they're talking about now."

Now I kind of wish I never taught Gabe how to sign; I could've had a leg up against him when it comes to Sang and winning her affection. Because even now, right after meeting Cupcake, I know that's what it is going to come to. I wish it didn't have to be like this, but I have to have her. I just hope that doesn't ruin anything with my brothers. They're family, but... I kind of feel like Sang could be a part of our family, too.

Sadly, she's just as broken as us. If not more so. But I just wish she'd never felt the kind of pain she has, even if that means she just understands us and our haunted pasts that much better. That would be selfish of me.

I don't necessarily know what's happened to her in the past--or even what continues to happen--but I know that whatever it was and still is, her lack of voice is a result of it. And I know that I don't ever want her to feel like that again in the present, future, or even lifetimes from now.

She's Sang.

She's perfect.

And she deserves us. Happiness. Safety. Companionship. Love.

She deserves a family. And I'm going to make damn sure my Cupcake gets what she deserves. Anything to rid her eyes from those haunted shadows.

Maybe her heart is big enough for all of us, or maybe I'm just hoping and praying for a wish that'll never come true. A wish in which I get to keep my brothers and Sang, and we could all be happy with the girl of our dreams. She doesn't even know all of them yet, but with us and our bond, I know it won't be long until she does.

But I'd also say that would be more of a miracle than a wish. And as much as I want the capability, I doubt I'll ever be able to dream with my eyes open and make my dream a reality--make my wishful miracle real.

Because who in the hell would want to share the girl they have undeniable feelings for with eight other guys, even if they are my best friends who just so happen to be more like brothers? Maybe that makes me gross and a creep, but I can't help the way I feel. And what I feel is that it would be the best solution for all of us. Even the brothers that haven't gotten the chance to meet her, because I'm certain they'll inevitably feel the same for her as I do already.