Chapter 42 - Sang

A/N: the author's note at the end is important. I need your guys' opinions. Thx...

Something is wrong, I can feel it. All day, I've had to look over my shoulder. All day I've felt odd, uncomfortable, off.

I feel like there are eyes everywhere, watching my every move. And it gives me unwanted, strange tingles. I don't like it, but I don't know where they're coming from. Of course, it's school, and there've been a lot of people staring, but it isn't like that. I just know something isn't right. I know I've felt this particular strong gaze before...

Earlier, the boys told me we were gonna go shopping today after school. We were supposed to the other day, but that never ended up happening; today we actually are. And despite the fact that I don't want them spending any money on me, they aren't giving me much a choice. And the fact that they want to spend money on me at all is still kinda crazy, considering no one ever did before. Gosh, I just love them all so much, it's almost painful.

It's currently 7th period, gym, and I'm in the locker room. And, just to make things perfectly clear, the locker room stinks--not the smelly kind of stink, but the kind that involves a bunch of teenage girls getting undressed shamelessly whilst also talking bad about people being their backs. This school is full of toxic people--people with no morals and scarce care for others. I don't want to be like those people, nor do I want to be around them.

Right now I'm in a stall, slipping on the old pair of running shorts and green t-shirt I have. Apparently, when the teacher said we have to wear uniforms, she didn't mean the school would be giving them out; she meant we have to bring our own. What's the point of even calling them uniforms then?...

I hurry, as I know there are people waiting for me, and throw my hair in a ponytail once I'm finished. Unfortunately, Gabe stole all my clips and hid them from me...

I realize, though, a little too late, that my shorts are way too short. But the only reason for that is because I only have one pair, and I got them when I was probably twelve. And though I didn't much grow in height--if at all--I definitely grew around the hips and chest area. Yeah, these shorts are pretty tight on me right now.

Before I leave the locker room, I hear a group of girls whispering in the corner, still not completely dressed. I try not to listen, but when my name comes up, it's pretty hard not to. I go to stand behind the corner so they can't see me. I feel so sneaky right now. Sang, the professional spy...

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure her name is Song, or something. How fucking stupid is that?" one with short blonde hair asks. My name isn't Song, and it isn't stupid. Sure, it might be a little unconventional, but it isn't stupid. That's what my mom named me...

"Totally stupid. And have you seen her hanging out with those new kids? Why do they even talk to her? Earlier, I saw Jade talk to the one that wears black all the time--North, I think. It's like he wasn't even paying attention to her! He just kept looking at Song! Like, how could he not look at Jade?" another one exclaims, with her hands waving dramatically.

Wait, North was talking to another girl and didn't tell me? Does he like her? Probably. She's probably prettier than me too. Would he stop being my friend if she asked him to? No, no, I really don't think so. I have more faith in him than that, and I know he's not the type to just abandon someone. At least, I hope not.

And then I hear a voice that sounds like honey, smooth and rich. But there's also a hint of something lying beneath the surface. Something cold and unforgiving, ruthless and passionate. I don't even have to see the person to know who's speaking, but I peek my head around the corner regardless to get a look.