Chapter 50 - Sean

"I've found something on the secret cameras we had installed around the school. Guys, this is fucking it." Victor suddenly announces, making his way into the room where the other eight of us are, already trying our hardest to find a lead on Sang's whereabouts. He looks so incredibly relieved right now, the bags under his eyes not overshadowing the gleam of hope in his eyes. At this, I feel a little hope trickle back into my soul as well.

"Well, don't just stand there, asshole. Let's see it," Gabe shouts, jumping off his place on the couch to stand eagerly. He, too, looks utterly broken. We all do. This lead could change everything. It's been two weeks since my Pookie was taken from me, and I've been going fucking mad. I haven't been into work, and none of us have gone to the school. It's just not worth the assignment. Hell, even the Academy has realized how MIA we've been. They contacted us about a week ago to see what the issue is, and we had no choice but to tell them about Sang.

This cost us many favors.

And then to appease them, Owen dropped a bombshell of information on all of us so that they might let us put our assignment on hold to look for our girl. Sang is a ghost, go-fucking-figure. This bit of information apparently very much pleased the top agents of the Academy, as well as the knowledge that Sang is practically a kid genius. So it worked. They let us take a break from Ashley Waters to look for Sang.

Though now, we have to do two more assignments on top of our Ashley Waters assignment, but at least we've collected enough favors since being together that we've all pitched in and convinced the Academy not to let us all go, and now Sang can officially join our team after we find her. And we will find her. We even managed to get the help of another team a little bit--the Toma team. One of their own, Corey, has so kindly decided to help us without us owing his team any favors. They're definitely the team we're closest with in the Academy.

Corey's been working hard with Victor to find leads, and thank God, we've finally found one.

"Watch this," Victor demands, setting his laptop down onto the coffee table in Kota's living room so that we can all see. A video recording is already pulled up, waiting on pause, when he clicks play and it begins.

The recording shows the courtyard at the school, and the time at the bottom right of the screen suggests that it's 5th period and the bell for lunch is about to ring in ten minutes. It also shows the date, and it just so happens to be the first day of school, over two weeks ago. At first the video is just five minutes of nothing, but then, suddenly, I spot a figure adorned in all black make its sneaky entrance, an object of white in its hand. And then I realize from the distance of the camera that it's actually a slip of paper. A note, I'd say. Maybe a poem...

"This must be Volto," I speak my thoughts aloud. The boys make sounds of agreement as they just nod and continue watching silently, on alert and anxious.

Volto tapes the peice of paper under one of the benches of the tables--the one the boys sat at on the first day of school, while Owen and I were in the office. Then, though the video doesn't have sound, it's clear that the bell for lunch has just rung when Volto jumps suddenly and makes their speedy exit. But when they're leaving the courtyard to head in the direction of the cafeteria, they slip out of their black hoodie and black pants, showcasing a now very revealing outfit. Though it's only the back of their body; a face isn't seen.

A mass of raven black hair now flows freely as Volto looks behind herself for a very quick, brief moment, and a face is made clear.

Volto is that one girl I had in class that tried to "flirt" with me, the one North had complained about coming onto him after school that day. Gasps of confusion and hatred are heard as we put all the pieces together.

All this time, Volto has been a girl. Volto is Jade. And Volto shall pay for taking my Pookie away.
____________________________________

Sorry it's short, but I did say the guys' POVs would be short from now on, just to add some suspense.
Anyway, love ya. Until next time...

Love,
Tori