Chapter 40 - Sang

A/N: I love this chapter. Just saying...

"If I don't go to sleep now, I'll literally fucking die," Gabriel grumbles, as he throws himself onto the couch and exhales a deep breath.

I giggle as Luke says, "Bro, I'm pretty sure you used the word literally wrong." He makes this adorably funny face, with his eyes squinting and his brows pulled together, lips pursed. His chocolate eyes shine with genuine confusion, and that makes me giggle even more. But then I stop, because I'm basically the worst person in the world. My stepmother just died, and I'm over here, laughing. What kind of person does that make me?

"Shut up, man. You literally suck ass."

"I think you're still using it wrong because, if that were a literal statement, it would just be disgusting." His confused face turns into one of disgust, and I only let myself give a small smile.

"Guys, shut the fuck up. Some of us are trying to get ready for bed," North nearly bellows, though I'm pretty sure it was meant to just be spoken regularly.

The boys decided they'd stay at Nathan's with us tonight, and we all just got home--to Nathan's--and it's safe to say we're all exhausted, though some of us are more open and verbal about it than others.

My boys thought it would be a good idea to quickly get some food first, so they brought us to a place called McDonald's. It was amazing, by the way. I'd never been before--well, maybe once when I was, like, four or something--and I can tell you I've never had anything like it. It was greasy and salty and wonderful. But it kind of stunk that I could only eat a little before I felt like I was gonna explode. And again, I felt guilty when I realized I was actually enjoying myself.

I know she never liked it when I was happy.

I decided earlier that I'd wait to tell the guys about the note until after we ate, when we got home, but now that we're here, I've changed my mind. They're all so tired from the long and taxing day, that I don't want to ruin the sleep they'll be getting. It can wait 'til tomorrow.

"Pookie?" Sean's voice breaks me out of my thoughts. I stop unpacking the bag I didn't even realize I was unpacking on Nathan's bed in the first place, and I turn to see him shirtless and stunning, standing by Nathan's bedroom door with a hairbrush in his hand. His curly blonde hair is unkempt and very appealing, in a hot, messy kind of way. And, though I shouldn't be surprised, I am. Because I never knew what lies beneath his shirts is an incredible torso of abs. A whole freaking six pack! Though they aren't as defined or as big as Nathan's, they're still abs.

I hear him chuckling before me, and when I lift my eyes back up to meet his, I blush hard, realizing I've been caught staring. "You can feel them if you want," he says, ever so flirtatiously. But I can also see the green in his eyes pooling with a sort of need, and I know it wasn't an empty offer. Which is good because... I kind of actually want to.

"Can I, really?" I sign, as I know he's getting much better at understanding. His eyes widen and he takes a deep intake of breath.

Catching my bottom lip between my teeth nervously, I hastily sign, "Wait, is that weird? Should I not have asked that?"

But I'm pretty sure I go too fast, if the knitted brows and tilted head have anything to say about it. Then, his green eyes train their mossy gaze onto my lips, and he unconsciously licks his. And just seeing that does so many unspeakable things to me, so I guess it's a good thing I can't actually speak. Because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to properly form words right now, anyway.