Chapter 35 - Sang

Gym: a subject I've only ever had the privilege of reading about in books, something I've always wanted to see for myself. Yes, I'll admit, I'm very excited to be able to experience it for myself. I've always wanted to try dodgeball. Maybe we'll be able to do that at some point this year. That would be so much fun! Especially since it's the last period of the day.

Today, I'm going to Kota's after school. I know it shouldn't be a problem, as I heard Marie talking about how she's sneaking out to hang out with her friend Danielle, so she won't be home to stop me.

Honey, Meanie, and I all walk into the gymnasium, a place just as drab as the rest of the school. But hey, at least it's bigger and a little more spacious--less chance of running into an odor-infested body, covered in too much cologne. And there're a couple basketball hoops high up on the walls, so that means we'll probably be playing that at some point as well--which I've also always wanted to do.

Nathan and Gabe smell so good separately, but together, it's almost magical. Maybe it's because they just genuinely smell good, or maybe it's the fact that I love them so much, everything about them is perfect to me. It's a mixture of Nathan's leather and Cyprus, and Gabe's ever-changing scent. Today it just so happens to be a subtle mixture of apple and a sweet-smelling musk. I don't know how he does it, but he always manages to make the most odd combinations work in the most delightful ways. I think this one is probably my favorite so far, though. I should tell him that later...

"So, what do you think we'll be doing on our first day of P.E.?" Nathan's soft, yet masculine, voice asks, as he sets down my bag by my feet, and Gabe hands me my notebook. I smile at both of them, then shrug, plopping down on the floor in an unladylike fashion, but still making sure my skirt doesn't fly up and reveal anything. That would be really embarrassing.

Gabe answers, "I have no clue. This school tends to do some pretty dumb shit, so there's no telling." Then he looks down at me and smiles with such fondness, I feel my heart swell into the size of a balloon. "Comfortable down there, Trouble?"

I giggle and nod, crossing my legs, adjusting my skirt not to show anything, and stretching my hands behind my back and touching my palms against the floor, so that I can rest my body weight on them.

"You're just too cute, Peanut." Nathan shakes his head with a light chuckle, and I have to stop myself from jumping up and kissing him right here. Sure, I've wanted to kiss them all ever since I met them, but that want has been growing stronger each day. Especially since my near-kiss with Luke earlier. God, I'm so angry at Mr. McCoy for ruining that moment between us. But I'm even more angry at myself. Because I also long to feel my lips pressed against eight other boys' lips, and if that doesn't make me a terrible person, I don't know what does.

"Hey, guys," I scribble onto the paper of my notebook. "The other boys are all standing over there." I point to a section in the gym with a crowd of boys laughing and talking. Then all the girls that are in the class are basically standing behind me, doing the same. "I think you should go, too. Class is about to start, and I don't want you getting in trouble."

"Fine," Nathan groans like a child, but I know he's just kidding around. "I'll see you later, Peanut." And he turns around, leaving Gabe with me to say goodbye too.

Gabe rolls his eyes playfully and grumbles, "I don't wanna, but I'm going to, only because you asked nicely. Later, Trouble. I lo--" his eyes widen a little and he clears his throat. "... I'll see you later."

My brows scrunch a little at his sudden odd behavior. He was defiantly about to say something else, right?

I dismiss the thought and awkwardly wave at him when he turns around and leaves to hastily catch up with Nathan. Strange behavior, even for Gabe...

Just then, the bell rings, signalling the beginning of class. And then the teacher walks in, a woman with blonde hair tied up in a bun and a scowl, a clipboard in hand.

"All right, class, I'm going to give you a short course description and then send you to the locker rooms to set up your locks for your uniforms. Yes, you are required to wear uniforms and if you don't wear yours, there will be consequences," she announces to the girls, paying the guys on the other half of the gym no mind, as a male teacher of their own has just made his approach.

The groans of protest are cut of by her stern glare, and I silence my giggle at the look of fright on their faces. If looks could kill...

Speaking of looks, I feel the gazes of many on me now--much like I have all day. It isn't just the curious guys or the entitled girls. It isn't the very longing looks I feel coming from my boys--a mixture of excited, crystal blue eyes and serious blue ones, though those do seem to have more weight than the others'. No, it's a familiar gaze; one I haven't known long, but somehow know well.

It's rich and it's probing and it's golden.

I turn--unwillingly, but from a sense of absolute curiosity and wonder--to where I feel this heavy set of eyes. And they reach hers immediately. Green and gold. Moss and stone. Envy and power. Destruction. A strange mixture of colors that somehow clash, but also strangely compliment one another.

There's something in her eyes that scream at me, begging for my absolute, undivided attention. But I don't know what they want my attention for, and I can't understand the screams; they're garbled and unclear. So I turn away, and I can no longer hear the screams, but I can still feel their weight digging into my skull as her golden gaze cuts into the back of my head. And I just know I'll live to regret choosing to remain deaf to those silent, but oh so loud, pleas.

I know I'll live to regret turning away from the girl with the harsh golden glare.

I'll live to regret ever setting eyes on her in the first place.

I'll live to regret green and gold.

Envy and power.

Destruction.
____________________________________

(That chick is Jade btw. Just so everyone is on the same page. Sang just doesn't know her name yet... wanted to clear that up.)

Again, I'm so sorry for not updating sooner! But hey, what can you really expect from me at this point? Work is stressful. School is stressful. Life is stressful. And all I want to do is write, but I never have the time.

I had a little free time, though, and I wanted to spend it on this chapter and on all of you who've been waiting for it. So here it is, short but sweet, and actually pretty important in some minor aspects for reasons some of you might be able to guess. But some of you may not, and I really hope it's the latter.

Anyway, I love you all so much! Thanks for putting up with me! Don't give up on this book now; it's about to really get going soon!

Until next time...

Sincerely,
Tori