Chapter 23 - North

A shout is heard downstairs, but it isn't very clear as to what was said. Though, I do have an inkling.

The boys and I share one short, rushed glance before we're all racing down the stairs of Kota's room and to Sang, the beautiful girl I only briefly got to know. It's practically a stampede, and in hindsight, very dangerous. But it's too late to worry about that now.

"Kota, it's fi--"

"No Sean, it isn't," the boy with the glasses argues as we finally make it to the living room.

"What the hell is going on? Why are you guys yelling, and did I hear Kota say that Sean asked Sang on a date?" I bellow when their faces come into view. Sang Baby is sitting on the couch with wide, disbelieving eyes and a slack mouth, Mr. B stands across the room with a stoic expression, Kota remains livid where he stands, and Dr. Green looks almost frightened of our family lead.

"Yes. Yes, you did hear that," Kota answers, only turning to meet my eye for a short moment before focusing back on Dr. Green. I've never seen him so mad; it's very out of character for him, and I immediately come to the conclusion that this was somehow Sang's fault. Though I can't actually blame her; it would be impossible for someone not to like her. And I can see why Kota is so obviously jealous. Frankly, I'm a little angry, too.

Sean doesn't get to have her for himself.

It's not fair and I won't stand for it.

"Dr. Green, that's illegal. She's a minor," Nathan states, jaw locked and voice rigid.

The man of question's response: "For the last time, stop calling me Dr. Green. Is it really so hard to believe that I'd want to ask Sang on a date? And also, I'm only 19, just three years older than her. That is, if she's the same age as the rest of you."

"She is, but that doesn't matter. It's still wrong," Kota growls. Yes, growls.

Maybe this is going too far...

And then Mr. B speaks, his voice leveled and controlled. "Mr. Lee, I'm going to have to ask you to calm yourself before I'm forced to give you hours."

Sparing a brief glance over to Sang, I see that her head is tilted and her brows are scrunched quizzically at the scene before her, like she's confused as to why we're fighting in the first place--and also at hearing the word hours and the fact that Sean is only 19, which is quite obviously unusual for doctor. I can't help but get distracted for a short moment at her adorable demeanor, but quickly snap myself out of it.

It's not the time to get caught up in a haze of beauty and perfection, or else I'm afraid the cloudy haze of smoke and infatuation I'd be getting caught in would drag me under, into a clearer picture of something so much greater--something I can't even think about deciphering after only meeting her nearly an hour ago. Kota's voice has my eyes drifting over to his slightly-slumped figure.

"Fine," he huffs, pushing his glasses up, though they'd never even fallen down in the first place. "But I don't think it's fair he gets to ask her out after only knowing her for about a half hour."

Suddenly the sound of a loud clap gets all of our attentions, making all of our eyes shoot to Sang to see she's holding up her notebook, words scribbled down on the lines of the paper.

"Guys, there's no need to fight. Kota, I'd love to go on a date with you, just as much as I'd love to go on one with Sean--if that's what this is really about. I don't like it when you guys yell--any of you. It scares me. It reminds me of her. And I don't want you to fight, especially not over me. I like all of you, equally. I want to be friends with all of you guys, if that's okay with you. And I don't want to be the cause of your problems. Because if that's the case, I'd rather just leave than to split you apart. I care for you all too much to do that to you. You're bestfriends, practically brothers, and I won't be the reason behind your family brawls."