Chapter 48 - North

"Please, I want you to kiss me, North Star," Sang pleads, her voice an angelic, siren-like call. I feel all my muscles tense as I stare at her in shock.

"R-really?" I ask, unsure.

"Yes."

And then I lean in, and my lips are so close to hers, and--

"Guys! I can't find Sang!"

My body jolts awake immediately and I groan, angered that I had to be woken up from my peaceful sleep. Just as I was about to kiss Sang, too. And then what Nathan just shouted registers, and I'm on my feet in a flash.

"What the fuck do you mean you can't find Sang?!" my voice booms. If all the boys in the house weren't awake already, they certainly are now. I'm not a stranger to the fact that I'm loud. I use it to my advantage.

"I mean that I can't find Sang. She wasn't there when I woke up, and so I looked around the house and nothing. She isn't here. I tried to call her but then I found her phone in the hallway, shattered. Why the fuck was it shattered?" Nathan's voice quivers as he looks at me desperately, his blue eyes a pool of terror.

"Maybe aggele just went for a walk and forgot to tell us, dropped her phone on the way out," Silas suggests, now up and awake as well. I can hear the trampling of the other boys' feet coming down the hall and to my room, and they're all suddenly in here as well.

"No, no, Sang would tell us if she were leaving. Plus, she would be too damn afraid to go out on her own. You saw that just last night, didn't you? And besides, if she dropped her phone, she would've noticed and picked it up. But she must not've noticed she dropped it in the first place..."

"So what does this mean? Did that fucking Volto take her? Does that monster have my Trouble?"

"I'll fucking kill 'em. When I get my hands on Volto, they're dead," Luke's voice is nearly a growl, making the situation even more frightening. I've never heard him so mad before.

"How do we get her back? Where did they go? W-what if we never see her again?" Kota asks rapidly, looking as if he's about to cry. I hear him faintly mumbling things under his breath, and though I can't make out what it is, I just know he's counting. I've never seen him so disheveled.

"Kota," Mr. B starts, shocking us all, "I can assure you, we will find Sang." His face is set in a hard determination, and his mask has disappeared. I'm sure he knows this, too. I just don't think he cares. Maybe he wants us to see exactly what he's feeling. Maybe he's breaking too.

"But... how?" I say, trying to keep myself from crying.

"Simple. We work as a family to retrieve our girl. First, Victor, I'm going to need you to check all the hidden cameras set up in the house. Check Sang's phone, too. Maybe there's a clue on there; it's worth checking out--just in case."

As he continues to speak, my thoughts unintentionally go astray, and my head starts to spin.

I feel a strange pressure in my chest, a kind of pain I've never felt before. And I recognize the feeling as a broken heart, and that tear finally escapes past my barricaded eyes and it feels like a thousand shedded tears. But it is only one, and I only allow myself to let one tear fall before I bury all my feelings beneath a brick wall.

And my face becomes a mask void of emotion, rivalling that of Owen's, and my heart shields itself from any more pain, building a wall of its own, and my thoughts narrow, just one thing on my mind: getting my Baby back.
____________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter. I've decided the boys' POVs are gonna be shorter than Sang's, just to show you how they're doing, but also so that it kind of shows how they're falling apart. I think it adds a kind of desperation to it. Also, the next chapter should be coming out later today, so be on the look out.

Thanks for reading and all the support! I really do love you guys so, so much!
Until next time...

Love,
Tori