Chapter 44 - Nathan

Nope. I can't fucking do it anymore.

First I watch Gabe kiss Sang, and then I kiss Sang (which I still can't believe actually happened); then the next thing I know she's sitting on a desk in front of us, shaking and whimpering like an absolute goddess as she comes undone in literally the sexist way possible. I get a text from Blackbourne saying he's found another note from Peanut's secret admirer, and I want to punch a brick fucking wall. Can't this person just leave her the hell alone?

And now, we're all running through the halls, down the hallways we know neither McCoy or Hendricks will be wandering down, to our family that needs us. Bloody hell, life is complicated--especially since I realized I'm not actually really jealous of the boys with Sang anymore. I know we all decided we'd share her--if she wanted to, of course--but that still didn't stop the surges of jealously within me.

But now? Now it's like I actually want to share her with them. This way, she'll always be safe and happy and cared for, and there'll never be a moment of loneliness for her. And, to be honest, it was really fucking hot when I saw Gabe and Peanut kissing, and even more so when he was making her feel like the queen she is. Words cannot possibly express the overwhelming arousal and love and intoxication I felt in that moment.

We quickly stop by the gym to grab our bags, no one left in the building, as school has been out for about a half hour. After we have our bags in hand--Sang's in mine--we rush out the exit doors by the gym and to the parking lot.

From our distance by the school and their distance in the middle of the lot, we catch sight of all the guys and reach them within a minute, panting for breath.

"Guys, why the hell do you all look so out of shape? And Sang Baby, what the fuck are you wearing?" North shouts, though I'm pretty sure unintentionally.

Still kind of gasping for breath, I answer, "We had to run from one side of the school to the other to grab our backpacks and then out here. We thought it might be urgent, so we wanted to get here as quick as possible."

"Okay, but that still doesn't explain what aggele is wearing," deadpans Silas. His arms are akimbo as he looks intently at all three of us and the blushes that are beginning to light up our cheeks.

"Also," Kota begins, "it doesn't explain why you guys weren't in the gym in the first place, and why you were a half an hour late to the cars. We tried texting you guys, but you weren't answering. Mr. B even had to redline you to get your attentions." Man, did he text us? I didn't even realize. The furrow in his brows causes his glasses to slip a little. He pushes them back up with his index finger, a strange look in his eyes as he stares into Sang's.

Does he see the way they've changed? Is he just now noticing the way that the shadows no longer reside in them--how they no longer have a tinge of desperation and despair? Because I noticed it after she came undone before me, when I received a text from Mr. B, and she started to slip back on her clothes, looking me in the eyes as she did so.

Again, I feel myself start to blush, and when I look over at Sang, her face is an adorable shade of firetruck-red. She's dying of embarrassment over here, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it the cutest thing ever.

In an unexpected turn of events, Mr. Blackbourne himself answers Kota, telling him, "Actually, Mr. Lee, I know where they were. Well, at least I know what they were doing."

Oh, I highly doubt that.

"And what was that?" Sean inquires, a devilish grin starting to make its way onto his face as he crosses his arms teasingly.

"Skipping class," the man with the steel eyes answers, giving us all a millimeter smile, though I can see the grin that wants to take over his face. He used to be so good at hiding his emotions--still is, mostly--but when he's around Sang, nothing's really a secret.

"Oh, really?" Sean asks, eyes darting between the three of us and ultimately finding their way to Sang, staying on her, like they always seem to do lately.

She just giggles and nods, making me feel all types of ways.

"Hey now, Pookie, what did I tell you about that giggling? Now that you've finally had a taste of the giggle cure, you think you can just go around giggling like crazy, driving me insane. Well, guess what, missy? Two can play at that game."

She lifts a brow, about to sign something when Blackbourne suddenly cuts her off. "Lady and gentlemen, as much as I enjoy this banter, we need to get out of here so we can discuss the issue at hand, and another one that we've been meaning to talk about with you guys."

"Who's we?" Luke asks.

"Him and I," Victor replies, answering for Mr. B. My eyebrows furrow as I begin to wonder what it is that they both could possibly need to tell us that they haven't already.

"And I'm sorry to say this, darling, Mr. Morgan, and Mr. Coleman, but I think shopping is going to have to be postponed until tomorrow." None of us miss the way he calls Sang darling but the guys by their surnames. Expect for maybe Gabe. He's too busy raging to notice.

"What the fuck do you mean postpone it until tomorrow?! I was so looking forward to getting Sang some new clothes," he whines quite dramatically.

"Yeah, I think it's very necessary that she get some new clothes, considering what she's wearing right now," North grumbles, though shamelessly looks Sang up and down, admiring the view. But then he gets smacked in the arm by a cheeky-looking Lucian.

"Hey, I'm certainly not complaining," he says, shooting Sang a sly wink.

"Yeah, I wasn't either after what I saw, but still; she needs some new shit to make her look even sexier, if that's even possible," I add.

All of their eyes automatically shoot to me, Gabe's face showing a look of exasperation and annoyance. My eyes automatically widen at my confession. Shit, I've never just said shit like that without at least a little bit of a filter, but I guess I'm still incapable of thinking coherently after what happened only ten minutes ago.

"What do you mean 'after what I saw'? What exactly did you see?" Silas questions, staring intently at me, then switching his dark gaze over to his angel. Her bottom lip is currently being pushed in by her pointer finger and her face flushes scarlett.

"Oy, what the fuck, Nate? You weren't supposed to say shit. Not unless Sang was comfortable with it."

"Comfortable with what, Gabe?" Victor seeks answers for himself.

"I'm not at liberty to say unless Sang gives me permission." He makes the motion of zipping his lips and tossing an imaginary key behind him, giving all of us a triumphant, mischievous grin.

"Guys, no more messing around. We can talk about this when we get home and discuss everything else. Right now, our main priority should be to get out of here, out of sight and/or ear-shot from people. And we really need to get Sang away from here just in case her secret admirer is watching," Kota the Wise insists.

We all give our agreements and hop into the cars we road in this morning, on our way to my house, only two things on our minds, I'm sure: Sang Sorenson, and how the hell we got ourselves into this beautiful mess.
____________________________________

Short, but necessary for the plot. I love you, and thanks so much for commenting on this book. It really makes my day!
Until next time...

Sincerely,
Tori