2: Training

And so the training began. First I fought with Steve, a.k.a Captain America. That lasted for about thirty minutes, pretty good runtime for how hard we were fighting. Then we had a five minute break before I would switch who I was fighting.

I sat down with some water and gathered myself. I wasn't all that sore, just my arm was, but that was nothing new. I knew why that was sore, so I didn't really notice it often.

I took a drink as Mr. Stark sat next to me.

"Look kid, I want you to succeed. You're doing okay out there, you're doing just as well as you usually are, but I want to see improvement. Push yourself a little harder alright?" Tony said, with both reinforcement and sternness in his voice.

"Yes sir." And with that, I got ready to be back in action.

Next in line was Bruce, a.k.a the Hulk. He transformed and charged at me. I dodged, jumping over him and kicking his back, but it didn't do much to the green beast.

Bruce grabbed me and threw me into a pile of giant metal crates. I crashed into them, but quickly got up, getting an idea. I ran towards Bruce, and as Bruce got ready, I actually ran past him. I jumped to a pillar behind Bruce, then webbed the two broken pieces of the previous giant metal boxes, and pulled them in my direction, hitting Bruce to the ground.

We continued to fight, both doing really well, until something unexpected happened.

Bruce got a grip of me, and before he could throw me down, he stopped. The rest of the avengers watching looked confused.

I was set down gently, and Bruce de-transformed. The whole team stared fro. The sidelines.

"What? What's happening? What was that I thought we were still fighting?" I asked.

"I'd like to know the same thing." Said Mr. Stark from afar.

"You're bleeding, Peter. And pretty badly." Bruce pointed to my left arm. If it wasn't for the blood that was trickling quickly off of my hand, you wouldn't have noticed I was bleeding.

"O-oh it-it's fine sir really I'm okay." I got nervous. The team couldn't find out. Not now, and especially not like this.

"I didn't ask if you were okay, you need medical treatment. Change out of your suit and meet us in the med center. Now." Bruce said. Mr. Stark nodded and the others went inside.

I wouldn't let this happen. I changed into my clothes, trying carefully to not get blood on them, then swung over to a nearby hospital. I ended up getting stitches, which I never had before.

Guess when the insurance bills come in next month I'm gonna have to find an excuse as to why I had to get stitches.
I left, covered up my arm, and went home.

"Hey Peter, glad you're back. How was the internship." Aunt May asked, setting out dinner and sitting down.

"I-it was good. I got a lot done, but I'm actually feeling a little bit under the weather, could I just put this with the leftovers?"

Aunt May sighed, then nodded. I put the food away and shut myself in my room before getting a call from Mr. Stark.

"Hello?"

"Peter where the hell did you go?"

"I had to take a call from Aunt May and just decided I didn't want to bother you guys so I just went to a nearby hospital."

"Pete you know that wouldn't have bothered us. Plus it would've been quicker just to let us help you." He said, skeptical.

"I'm sorry I wasn't thinking." And before Mr. Stark could ask any more questions, I anxiously diverted the conversation.

"I-I gotta go, Aunt May wants some help with u-uh dinner cleanup. I'll talk to you later, bye."

"Peter don-"

And with that, the call was done. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and laid on my bed, looking at my ceiling.
I heard some noise and glanced out his window. An apartment across the street was having a small party with kids my age.

"I wonder what it's like to have friends." I asked myself. All I could think about was the times I tried.

I tried to make friends in class, but was too akward.

I tried to make friends in sports, but they all thought I was too nerdy.

I tried to make friends in geeky things, but no one interacted with me outside of the classroom, and when they did inside the classroom, they were only interested in answers and not being my friend.

I tried social media but flash just followed me there, making every turn point a living hell.

I'm so lonely. The kind of lonely where even though you're desperate for someone, the damage has been done too much and you would need a thousand people to even scratch the surface.

Lost in my thoughts, I dozed off.