18: Reveal

Tony and I sat for a bit and talked about how we're gonna announce my identity. Instead of doing a live news conference, we pre-made a video in the tower.

My anxiety was so high the whole time, but there was no denying the claims, and this had to be done. I changed into my suit, sat in a plain room and had Tony record the video.

"Hey guys, it's me, spiderman. There's a lot of rumors about who I am. And I- I'm actually...Peter Parker."
I take off my mask to reveal the curly mop of hair and glazed over eyes.

"I uh, I wasn't r-really ready for this to come out yet, but I didn't have much of a choice. I will still do my best to continue patroling the city for crimes. I'll answer more questions when I'm ready for a panel, so I'll talk to you guys then. Stay safe."

That was the end of the video. Tony took the camera and kissed me on the head. I let put a huge breath I didn't know I was holding.

"You're doing good kiddo. I know this is hard."
I start to choke up.

"I'm just so exhausted dad. I'm not in the right state for me to be hounded by news stations and people at school. I miss my friends. I miss mj."
The tears fall from my eyes without me blinking.
"I'm sorry for what I said in the car, dad. You're right about the whole Aunt May thing, I just...I just don't need to hear that right now."
I stare off into space, disconnected and numb. Tony held me in his arms for a moment.

"You're right. It was the wrong time to bring that up. I'm sorry, but I wish there was more I could do. Right now I think only time will help. So try to rest and Do whatever for the next two days or so, okay? I'll work on switching you to online schooling and I'll try to contact mj and have her come visit you."
I just nodded, finally wiping the tears that tickled my face. Tony and I got up and went our separate ways in the tower. I went back to my room and slept for the rest of the day, exhausted.

-----

I woke up suddenly to a giant pain in my shoulder. I sit turn over and see a familiar mop of curly hair sitting on my bed.

"Hey there, nerd."
MJ said.

I tackled MJ as she hugs me back. We kiss for a few moments.

"MJ! I've missed you so much, what are you doing here?"

"Tony had me come over. How are you holding up?"
I sigh.

"N-not great. I just can't believe this happened to me. This is all happening so fast."
We sit in silence. Then MJ turns to me.

"Hey."
She says calmly. I look to meet her beautiful eyes, and with a straight face, she said;

"Flash shit his pants today."
I nearly lose it.

"He fucking WHAT?!"
I yell.

"LANGUAGE!"
I hear Steve from a distance as MJ and I crack up.

"Yeah, a bunch of guys at school apparently really like Spiderman, and when they found out it was you, they went to find Flash and punish him for being such a dick. They literally beat the shit out of Flash, he had to go home and change. I don't even know if he'll come back!"
MJ and I continue to laugh for a few more minutes before we are called into the kitchen by Tony.

Please let this day be a good one.