4: Hangover

I wake up and stretch, yawning while I'm at it. I sit up and gather myself, making sure I'm actually awake so that I don't trip on my own feet.
I brush my teeth and realize something is off.

There's no breakfast this morning, or at least I don't smell it.

Well, actually, it makes a lot of sense since Aunt May is probably sleeping in after last night.
I change into some basketball shorts and an oversized shirt, then made my way to the kitchen.
I made scrambled eggs and toast, and put out some saltines on the plate for Aunt may as well. I go over to her door and knock.

"Aunt May? I made you breakfast."

No answer.

"Aunt May?"

I open the door to find her still on her side, sleeping.
I decide to just set the plate on her night stand for when she wakes up; when I realize something.

The Advil bottle is open.
I look at her face and find vomit trailed down the side of the bed, she was pale and clammy.

"Aunt May?! Aunt May!!"

I shook her.
Fuck. I shouldn't have left a drunk person alone with pain pills! She wouldn't have been able to tell how much she has taken!

I feel for a pulse.

-

I sit on my apartment steps as the ambulance took her out. I was shaking, and only looked at the ground. I didn't acknowledge anyone or anything. I didn't want to speak. I didn't want to breathe. I didn't want to live.

Not without Aunt May.

They officially classified it as an accidental overdose.

I kept hearing the same words.

"I'm sorry for your loss"
"I'm so sorry"
"Peter I am so sorry for your loss, really"

"I'm s-" I flinched and snapped at one of the ambulance workers.

"Don't you fucking dare say you're sorry. I've heard it too many times. So, kindly fuck off."
He walked away.

Then I heard footsteps return.

"Look man, I said fuck off, get it through your-"
I stood up to confront the asshole who had the audacity to come back only to be greeted by a pale Tony Stark.

He said nothing. We said nothing. We stood there in silence. It was like everything around us had just muted. He took off his glasses and sighed.

"C'mere."

He hugged me and I broke down. The reality of it all hit me.

I'm the last Parker. I'm alone. I'm really, truly alone.
We stood there for a second and my sobbing got so bad I started to hiccup.

"Breathe kid, or you're gonna pass out. Breathe with me." He pulled me closer and I felt the rise and fall of his chest. I slowly regained my breathing and calmed down. I was drained.

I answered a few more questions the emergency people had asked me before Mr. Stark set me in his car.

"You will be staying with us for the time being, at the tower."

"Mr. Stark, that's really nice of you and all, but I wouldn't want to be in the way. Besides, I'm just a kid, I wouldn't want you guys to feel like you have to baby sit me."

"This is not up for discussion. You are going to pack your bags and move in. You are more than just a kid, underoos. You're my kid. I'm gonna look out for you. You're on my team for a reason and our team is family. So go and pack up. I'll wait out here for you. Take your time."

-(time skip: peter packs everything then gets back in the car)-

I arrived at the tower, to find it empty. I was confused. Where was everyone?

"So everyone is on a mission right now, plus I didn't want you to be overwhelmed or anything. The tower should be fairly quiet tonight."
Tony said, as if he were to read my mind.

He leads me to a room that has white walls, a queen sized bed, a TV, a dresser, a night stand, and a bathroom. There was also a large window looking over town on the right.

"Well, here's your room. Settle in. I'll leave you alone for a bit then if you want I can call you down for dinner."
Tony smiled.

"Thanks."
I said before Tony shut the door. I throw my bags on the floor and just plop on my bed, looking at the ceiling. Trying to figure out how this all happened so fast.